3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Don't know where you're at, there is some big park downtown, I never saw anything else exciting.  My wife is from there

That would be Memorial Park.  Decent place to run.  Unfortunately, I am no where near there. I'm outside of the Beltway on the northwest side.  There is a high school not too far away. Maybe they don't lock their tracks down here.

Feeling the growl again

That would be Memorial Park.  Decent place to run.  Unfortunately, I am no where near there. I'm outside of the Beltway on the northwest side.  There is a high school not too far away. Maybe they don't lock their tracks down here.

Sorry, can't help.  My experience is all to the east.  Enjoy the warmth, and get in an interval workout towards that sub-16...or better yet a time trial. Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

That was a great workout Tuesday Mbehr.

I almost feel bad for the 5k. How many of us will have a good 5k in 2015?

Sorry, can't help.  My experience is all to the east.  Enjoy the warmth, and get in an interval workout towards that sub-16...or better yet a time trial. Wink

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land

FFS, running around here sucks.  I'm lucky I didn't end up as road kill in a ditch somewhere.  Roads from the hotel were busy with traffic and they evidentally don't believe in sidewalks around here.  They have cross walks with about a 4 foot secion of sidewalk but that's it.  Roads didn't have much of a shoulder so I had to run on the slant of ditch for quite a few sections to get where there would hopefully be a decent running route.  I think I'm just going to drive somewhere tomorrow.  Found the school and they had the gates open.  Hmm, what can I do tomorrow?

Feeling the growl again

Hmm, what can I do tomorrow?

Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Heh, 17-flat.  Couldn't get out of that tempo zone.  Did this early in trainers - still dark out.  Humidity was 100% and there was thick fog in the area.  Visibility around 1/8 mi.  Given that, I stayed way on the other side of the ditches in the grass getting to the high school.  Shoes had soaked up a good amount of water in the 2 miles to the school.  Would have been nice to have another pair of shoes with.  Oh well, it was still a good workout.

Feeling the growl again

Heh, 17-flat.  Couldn't get out of that tempo zone.  Did this early in trainers - still dark out.  Humidity was 100% and there was thick fog in the area.  Visibility around 1/8 mi.  Given that, I stayed way on the other side of the ditches in the grass getting to the high school.  Shoes had soaked up a good amount of water in the 2 miles to the school.  Would have been nice to have another pair of shoes with.  Oh well, it was still a good workout.

So we have 3-4 of us already within 20 seconds of each other.  It's on.

I've got a 7-mile race up on Sunday....if I am not in bed with the flu.  Rough shape today, third with no running.  I get tired just standing up right now.

I'm going to give it another "real" shot at within the next week after I'm home from traveling.

Very impressive for a low visibility solo mbehr, I think you may reset the bar next week.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A nice run in deep snow just now! That didn't suck.

Feeling the growl again

A nice run in deep snow just now! That didn't suck.

You have snow and we don't?  Heh.  It's supposed to get here just in time for Sunday's race.

MTA:  Ah.  You are a few miles not of Nashville.  Or the US for that matter.

C-R

You have snow and we don't?  Heh.  It's supposed to get here just in time for Sunday's race.

MTA:  Ah.  You are a few miles not of Nashville.  Or the US for that matter.

Oh crap. I almost forgot about that one. And yeah, snow is just grand.

When its somewhere else.

Had an excellent fartlek workout today. Damn Lydiard program better work.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Fartlek.. very nice.. Those are legit workouts. I like your hills workouts too.

Oh crap. I almost forgot about that one. And yeah, snow is just grand.

When its somewhere else.

Had an excellent fartlek workout today. Damn Lydiard program better work.

And we run because we like it
                            Through the broad bright land

Feeling pretty good about the work done this week.

Tu - Traditional "Building" run on the mill.  8xhill repeats followed by a tempo/maintenance mile.

W - Easy run w/  8 x 200's at the end.

Today - Decent 4 mile tempo.  Did an exact repeat of two weeks ago.  12 sec faster today.  The track I was on says 6 laps per mile, which seems short.  I figured 6.5 per mile would be about right but it seemed a little long.  Splitting the difference, if I call it 6.25 laps per mile, then I just did 4 miles in 21:32.

If I can keep the consistency there and not blow up my hamstrings, achilles or anything else, this spring might be pretty good.

Feeling the growl again

Feeling pretty good about the work done this week.

Tu - Traditional "Building" run on the mill.  8xhill repeats followed by a tempo/maintenance mile.

W - Easy run w/  8 x 200's at the end.

Today - Decent 4 mile tempo.  Did an exact repeat of two weeks ago.  12 sec faster today.  The track I was on says 6 laps per mile, which seems short.  I figured 6.5 per mile would be about right but it seemed a little long.  Splitting the difference, if I call it 6.25 laps per mile, then I just did 4 miles in 21:32.

If I can keep the consistency there and not blow up my hamstrings, achilles or anything else, this spring might be pretty good.

If that was accurate, I've got some catching up to do as soon as I'm not drowning in phlegm when I try to run.