3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Finally hit a good one this week.  18.1 miles in 2:00:20.  First 2 hour run since the botched marathon last October. 

Nice job!

Holy cow, nice.

I was pleased with myself for running 18 miles in 2:45 this morning,  which is a bit faster than my average easy run pace.

Good job on the 18!

Had a nice long run this morning -- at about half of mbehr's pace I think Smile

Ha! You can be about half of mbehr's pace and still be fast.  Good job!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

I ran my first real long run since February 13th today.  16 miles; I was only going to do 14 but I didn't think there would be many more opportunities to log miles in the 50s until fall.  First 14 in 6:38, last two 5:51, 5:26.  Finished feeling good.  It was a beautiful run and I was even treated to a couple indigo buntings leapfrogging down a fence beside me for awhile.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

So happy to see you going long, especially since your recent issue has not been speed, but endurance.  You should be uber-cheered. Keep going, brother. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

So happy to see you going long, especially since your recent issue has not been speed, but endurance.  You should be uber-cheered. Keep going, brother. 

Thanks, now I need to fix the tiny issue of the scale reading 157 when it should say 147.  Maybe if I change the batteries??

I'm still at a loss of how I gained 10lbs in a month.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I do that over the weekend

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I ran my first real long run since February 13th today.  16 miles; I was only going to do 14 but I didn't think there would be many more opportunities to log miles in the 50s until fall.  First 14 in 6:38, last two 5:51, 5:26.  Finished feeling good.  It was a beautiful run and I was even treated to a couple indigo buntings leapfrogging down a fence beside me for awhile.

Good to see you back at it with the longer run.  Seems like the endurance is holding up alright?  Or it at least seems the effort didn't wipe you out for a couple of days like it did back in March.

So far two good w/o's this week:

1 - 6 mi tempo (1st three @ 5:50 pace, 2nd three @ 5:38 pace)

2 - 10 x hill repeats with a 5:13 mile right after

Looking forward to the 10-miler this weekend!  Heading out tonight to camp with the family so hopefully the kids sleep OK the next couple of nights.  It's always a crap shoot with that.

Feeling the growl again

Good to see you back at it with the longer run.  Seems like the endurance is holding up alright?  Or it at least seems the effort didn't wipe you out for a couple of days like it did back in March.

I get tired but it seems more the normal "getting back into training" tired than the "drop over in the ditch and take a nap after 2 miles" tired.  Something passing for workouts on a regular basis now.

Well, 4 days of no running, 3 on the bike and 2 on the elliptical and I finally gave it a go this morning.  Kept it easy and got in almost 10.  Hammy felt somewhat tight, loosened up and then tightened up again around 50 minutes in.  It seemed more that tired tightness than any pulling or straining.  I'm 18 weeks out from Oct 2, so as they say "Get busy living or get busy dying."

I look my best blurry!

Well, 4 days of no running, 3 on the bike and 2 on the elliptical and I finally gave it a go this morning.  Kept it easy and got in almost 10.  Hammy felt somewhat tight, loosened up and then tightened up again around 50 minutes in.  It seemed more that tired tightness than any pulling or straining.  I'm 18 weeks out from Oct 2, so as they say "Get busy living or get busy dying."

I find that I'm more motivated when I go into a training cycle a little injured. Grrr... This is the ,'Hurt'locker, right? I have been feeling like crud since my half on 5/15 but I'm bouncing back. Woo Hoo! My crabby feet and shins are getting ready for my first 1 mi race the 9th, just in time once again.

Feeling the growl again

Well I had a nice 19-miler on Saturday (14 sub-6), which let to a steamy Sunday run and a Monday spend not running with significant heat sickness (102 fever, chills, migraine, exhaustion, etc etc).  Tried to get back on the horse last night but the treadmill would not start (been having that problem intermittently).  On daddy duty so outside not an option.  Today I got out early and tried a tempo but only 1.5 miles at 5:40 and the heat (low-70s!!!) got me and I had to jog it in.

Seems like I'm always trying to re-start lately....

This heat thing is something else.  Had to go to a work "team builder" at the ballgame today, left early because I was starting to get heat sickness symptoms again...and I even stayed away from the beer.

I look my best blurry!

I ran a fartlek today.  I started out on a very hilly train and damn was it fun!  I had ab cramps, ugh, but was able to stretch out while I ran.  I'm glad no one was around because I looked like a dork jogging with my arms up in the air and arching my back.  Thankfully I worked it out and got out onto a rolling road.  Not too crazy but it felt like a great workout.   I loved the whacky looking data of the pace and elevation.  I think it was just what a fartlek is supposed to be.  I had a blast today!