3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

DoppleBock

Ice Age 50M course is pretty smooth

Glacial 50K has a decent amount of Rock and Root, but manageable.  My feet will feel like tendorized meat usually after 4 hours.  But there are nice smooth sections too - These usually like to throw in a random rock or root just so you trip and fall on the easiest part of the course. 

He's up by the Northern Kettle Moraine.  Not the same as the Southern Unit.  Trust me, he has plenty of rocky crap.  If you ever want to do Glacial 50 mile you can see all the rocks in their glory.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

PS - I am doing Glacial 50M this year.  Low key nice event.  3 Aide stations on course and 1 more at the turnaround ~ so 7 in 50 miles.  Afterward some simple stuff - Chillie, sandwhiches, deserts + usually some people bring beer to share.  People lounge around and BS for hours drinking beer, So bring a lawn chair.

No showers - But they did have a garden hose hooked up outside to clean up last year.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Had a good 5 X 4 min workout at 5K pace yesterday after a truly miserable 5K race Friday evening.  Even though my Garmin splits are off (did not press buttons in time), they were consistently at 7:15-7:20 pace in 80 degree weather, which would be a PR if I can hold that pace through a 5K.

C-R

Nice HF. I didn't think I'd be posting in here for a while but .....

Hit the track tonight for a 2-4-6-8-6-4-2 ladder at less than 1:30. Only one I didn't make was the 800. Overall 6.4 in 53 with 200 walking recoveries. Good start to summer. Oh and it was 83 tonight down here. Damn Trent.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Good job, guys.  Heck, I was hot enough jogging around at lunch yesterday, much less doing a workout.  I'm really not looking forward to today's outdoor miles.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

4Xmile with 3min recovery on the tm. 5:08-5:08-5:05-5:00. The first one felt rough, having not run that fast much lately, but the next two were very smooth. Last one was working it decent...don't think I have run that workout so well in many years. If only I can keep this up a few more weeks...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

6 X 600 in 2:30 each with equal time recovery in warm humid weather.  The workout was by time and I ended a bit more than 600 m each repeat. Longer recoveries may have helped, but happy with the faster than 5K pace workout, 5K PR pace is 7:20 or so, this workout was around 6:40 pace .  Feeling a bit sore this morning, probably because of the form drills on hard surface after the main workout, the grass infield was flooded.

Feeling the growl again

6 X 600 in 2:30 each with equal time recovery in warm humid weather.  The workout was by time and I ended a bit more than 600 m each repeat. Longer recoveries may have helped, but happy with the faster than 5K pace workout, 5K PR pace is 7:20 or so, this workout was around 6:40 pace .  Feeling a bit sore this morning, probably because of the form drills on hard surface after the main workout, the grass infield was flooded.

Very nice!  Glad you're handling workouts in the heat better than me, I've taken to doing them on the treadmill as I've wilted in the last couple outdoor workouts I attempted when it was 70 or above.  I'm getting old...

A couple days back I set the treadmill to goal 10K pace (33:00, ~11.2 mph) and set out to see how long I could hold that pace before it became uncomfortably non-workout effort.  Surprisingly I was able to accelerate at the end to finish 10K in 33:00....if I luck out on some cool weather Memorial Day weekend I have no excuses...

C-R

Starting with doubles again and hit 5.4 in 41 on the second run today. Glad the GI issues are done and I can get back to getting back.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Starting with doubles again and hit 5.4 in 41 on the second run today. Glad the GI issues are done and I can get back to getting back.

Like.  Beer mile is getting closer by the day.  Time to get serious.

FWIW I hit a 4-mile tempo on the treadmill in 20:58 today.  Second fastest I have ever done that workout (20:52 being the fastest, 3 days before my 10K PR).  I think the treadmill is blowing smoke up my arse, but Saturday will tell me for sure.

C-R

Like.  Beer mile is getting closer by the day.  Time to get serious.

FWIW I hit a 4-mile tempo on the treadmill in 20:58 today.  Second fastest I have ever done that workout (20:52 being the fastest, 3 days before my 10K PR).  I think the treadmill is blowing smoke up my arse, but Saturday will tell me for sure.

That may just be smoke from burning up a motor.

Had to explain the Beer Mile to my BIL last night. He was amazed someone would do that without yaking. Heh.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice runs C-R and Spaniel.

My ankle finally seems to be healed up. No issues on a 10 mile run on Saturday. The plan for this week is 40+ miles with doubles.

Still gotta lose some weight so I can start training my liver.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Nice runs C-R and Spaniel.

My ankle finally seems to be healed up. No issues on a 10 mile run on Saturday. The plan for this week is 40+ miles with doubles.

Still gotta lose some weight so I can start training my liver.

Awesomeness.

I suggest you switch to scotch or bourbon, you can continue to train your liver with lower weight issues.  I've got a 2-yr-old bottle of Midera (sp?) from Napa I've been saving to open for special company, bring the missus out for a nightcap on the patio and we'll crack it.

Feeling the growl again

I was starving when I got out of my conference tonight but I made myself go running before I ate, too easy to wuss out otherwise. It was getting toward sunset as I tried not to get lost finding my way to the big park on the map. All of my other runs in Vienna have been 5am, pretty nice but vry secluded park on an island in the river, I was beginning to wonder if anyone ran in this city. Well after about 3.5 miles I get to this park and all of a sudden I am enveloped in runner. I mean they are everywhere, and they are pretty fast. Singles, pairs, training groups doing different workouts together. I have never seen anything like it and it was wonderful. Other than a half dozen bikers I saw nobody but runners during my four miles in the Prater. It was just a hi uh easy run but it was a memorable one.

Ostrich runner

I had a couple this week. Numbers-wise, they weren't particularly impressive. They were good because I enjoyed them. I had my group run on Weds - only about 4 miles of fairly strenuous trail, but it's been a while since I was even able to keep up with the group without gassing out on the hills. Yesterday I got in about 9 with some good hills and speed thrown in. I'm feeling it today, but it's encouraging that I might be able to actually not completely embarrass myself at Tecumseh. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum