3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Forecast snow for rest of week messed up my plans to try for 15mi at just slower than goal MP, so I decided to do it opportunistically -- whenever I felt like it. Turned out to be tonight in rain but nice feeling conditions - got company for last 5mi, which helped, as otherwise probably wouldn't have persisted. But felt good, and it makes me pretty happy.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Wow AP, 15 miles at HM pace, that is the definition of a good workout. I know that the HM PR is old but still impressive.

Feeling the growl again

Wow AP, 15 miles at HM pace, that is the definition of a good workout. I know that the HM PR is old but still impressive.

+1.  Get some good recovery, you earned it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Forecast snow for rest of week messed up my plans to try for 15mi at just slower than goal MP, so I decided to do it opportunistically -- whenever I felt like it. Turned out to be tonight in rain but nice feeling conditions - got company for last 5mi, which helped, as otherwise probably wouldn't have persisted. But felt good, and it makes me pretty happy.

That's the way to do it AP - opportunistically.  Nice 15 mi effort.

Had a great tempo interval workout last night.  First tempo work since before my bought with bronchitis.  Set the watch to show nothing but lap time to try to run it by feel.

First 15 minutes at tempo was 6:29, second (after a 10 minute jog) was at 6:24.  Second one felt easier.  Pace even looks smooth.

I am reminded of how soft my PRs are right now compared to where I'm presently at.

I need to do some damned road races.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
            Emil Zatopek

C-R

That's solid work AP and Rg.

Beer worthy unless you're in that damn weightloss mode.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Seriously good work. Both those workouts you have to put on your big kid pants.

That's solid work AP and Rg.

And we run because we like it
                Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

Got the damn treadmill fixed.  10 mile tempo 56:41, longest one in awhile but I was so happy to be able to get a nice long run in again.  Kind of felt like crap 3-4 miles in but once I got in the groove it was not bad.  I am looking forward to repeating some of these workouts outdoors to see where I am really at, I know the treadmill is overly kind to me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Walk-Jogger

106 laps of long tempo intervals on the indoor track this morning, 13.17 miles total. 3x5K, 1x3200, 1x1600, 1x800, 1x400, 1x200. I had every intention of doing 4x5K, but after the third 5K that little voice in my head convinced me that my over-all pace would be faster and life would be easier if I just ran a bit short for the rest of the intervals. Hopefully this was useful training for my annual spring HM coming up in 6 weeks. Goal is 1:27 or faster, but I'll settle grudgingly for anything under 1:30. And if it's snowing, I won' t race. No sense in being a damn fool about it...

Details:

5k 6:52, 6:40, 6:28, 0:41 = 20:43   No warm-up, 10 minute rest after
                    5k 6:40, 6:38, 6:32, 0:41 = 20:33   15 minute rest after
                    5k 6:40, 6:33, 6:25, 0:39 = 20:19   19 minute rest after
                    3200 6:37, 6:11 = 12:48   6 minute rest after
                    1600 6:10   6 minute rest after
                    800 3:00   3 minute rest after
                    400 1:24   3 minute rest after
                    200 0:36

Total 13.17 miles, 6:30 pace

Retired &  Loving It

kcam

This is not something I would want to even try.  Just thinking about it makes me queezy.  Way to get 'er done.

Details:

Feeling the growl again

106 laps of long tempo intervals on the indoor track this morning, 13.17 miles total. 3x5K, 1x3200, 1x1600, 1x800, 1x400, 1x200. I had every intention of doing 4x5K, but after the third 5K that little voice in my head convinced me that my over-all pace would be faster and life would be easier if I just ran a bit short for the rest of the intervals. Hopefully this was useful training for my annual spring HM coming up in 6 weeks. Goal is 1:27 or faster, but I'll settle grudgingly for anything under 1:30. And if it's snowing, I won' t race. No sense in being a damn fool about it...

Details:

Not only was that one workout a monster; it looks like your last two weeks have been killing it.

(MTA fixed lazy spelling)

You know, I read workouts like this, then I realize I need to put on my big boy pants more often.  Damn nice workout.

Details:

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                          Emil Zatopek

Careful....you're starting to taint your image as an aimless bimbler....

+2

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I got an hour (11156 meters) on the rower today. Average HR was 142. I'm back to using my HR monitor to track my progress. I think this was more of a workout for my butt (btw no butt cramps WOOHOOOOOOOO) than anything else since I didn't even really break a sweat despite being up in the hot loft. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

+2

This week is a bimble week I think.  My image can return to normal.  Phew  Too much ice on the ground for anything more than just trying to run.  Then I'm off skiing for two weeks, so no running then I expect (might try to get out for the odd 3 miler, but not sure how feasible that will be). 

Of course I'm not making promises about what happens on my return.  There might be a few more of these runs where stuff happens...we'll see...

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."