3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, I think that I did.  To day's 30 mile run is the longest run I've done not in a race.

It is a heck of a lot harder for me to run 30 alone than it is in a race.

Indeed.

Nice workout.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Village people

I hit a milestone. I hit a weekly pr and this will be my first 200+ mile month.

Ostrich runner

Nice! I've noticed that, at least with me, that's about the point where I really pick up speed.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Awesome!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good going!

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Oops.

steph  

It's no 30 miler (awesome, TeaOlive) and far from a weekly PR (very nice, DJJan), but I had a fantastic long, snow trail run with some of the guys (and a few of the gals) from the running group today.

The trails were completely covered in snow, and it was about 10F at the start (6:30).  I may not have gotten enough enough sleep last night on account of some tossing and turning, but other than forgetting to start my Garmin on the first loop of the trail (benefit to group runs: steal the split) I was none the worse for wear.

Definitely my longest run in that extreme of weather (26+ miles).  I am shocked at how many muscles hurt that usually don't after a long run.  I blame the snow.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

It's no 30 miler (awesome, TeaOlive) and far from a weekly PR (very nice, DJJan), but I had a fantastic long, snow trail run with some of the guys (and a few of the gals) from the running group today.

The trails were completely covered in snow, and it was about 10F at the start (6:30).  I may not have gotten enough enough sleep last night on account of some tossing and turning, but other than forgetting to start my Garmin on the first loop of the trail (benefit to group runs: steal the split) I was none the worse for wear.

Definitely my longest run in that extreme of weather (26+ miles).  I am shocked at how many muscles hurt that usually don't after a long run.  I blame the snow.

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

26+ in the snow sounds great!  Though you can keep your 10F!

MTA:  Having a hell of a time operating my track pad today.

steph  

kcam

I feel like I finally had a workout that touches on being worthy enough to post here.  This morning's 15miler at easy pace turned into a really nice progression run.  Started at 9min for mile 1 and slowly worked it down through the 8's, 7's and into the 6's with the last mile being run around 6:30 to 6:40.  Not spectacular except that my legs felt good enough for a workout like this the day after my 18:18 5,000.  CONFIDENCE BOOSTER!

Feeling the growl again

I feel like I finally had a workout that touches on being worthy enough to post here.  This morning's 15miler at easy pace turned into a really nice progression run.  Started at 9min for mile 1 and slowly worked it down through the 8's, 7's and into the 6's with the last mile being run around 6:30 to 6:40.  Not spectacular except that my legs felt good enough for a workout like this the day after my 18:18 5,000.  CONFIDENCE BOOSTER!

You know, sometimes those fast races/workouts wake up the snap in the legs.  Great work.

Village people

Nice! I've noticed that, at least with me, that's about the point where I really pick up speed.

Thanks, guys and that is great to hear,

Lots of great inspiration in this thread!

Damn some ass kicking workouts being done this past week! WTG everyone! Great job on 30 miles Tea! Congrats on the milestone DJJan!  Nice progression run Ken! I miss progression runs!

I can finally say that I got in a nice workout in all sense of the word "workout" 7.5 miles done on the erg in an hour. Average HR was 148 which I'm happy with. It actually made me tired. I'm sure the 4 mile walk with my dog earlier  had something to do with that, but still.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Damn some ass kicking workouts being done this past week! WTG everyone! Great job on 30 miles Tea! Congrats on the milestone DJJan!  Nice progression run Ken! I miss progression runs!

I can finally say that I got in a nice workout in all sense of the word "workout" 7.5 miles done on the erg in an hour. Average HR was 148 which I'm happy with. It actually made me tired. I'm sure the 4 mile walk with my dog earlier  had something to do with that, but still.

You're a beast, I can't even imagine rowing for 7.5 miles, let alone do it in an hour.

I did a nice Bike-Run-Bike BRICK workout yesterday that I had to shorten because of Mother Nature. I rode my tri bike on the trainer for 75 minutes, then put on my running gear and stepped out side for what was supposed to be a 6 miler.

It was about 30 degrees but was also raining\sleeting and the roads where terrible. I decided to just go for it, Hurt Locker style so I mostly ran on the gravel shoulder. After 1.55 miles it was sterted getting colder and much more slippery, even the gravel was getting slick. I turned around by crossing the road and heading back against traffic like normal, but as soon as I stepped on the pavement, my foot slide out and on my ass I went. I slide about 15 feet and had to crawl back to the shoulder so I could stand back up.

After making it back, I jumped back on the trainer and road another 40 minutes at a higher wattage then the first ride. I got 2:20 minutes in all together but it sure sucked that I couldn't get those extra three miles in on the run.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

C-R

Good stuff people.

First track workout of the year while in Dallas (with a running group down here) ran 2x200 + 3x1000 + 2x400 + 1x200 all at less than 5k pace and it felt great (plus wu and cd).

Still lots of work left but its a start.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/