3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2nd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - 4pm July 16, 2011 (Read 940 times)

Feeling the growl again

It's official.  Who's in or tentative?

Rules to come, but generally as listed on www.beermile.com

A couple beds and ample floorspace available.  I have a couple tents to provide and unlimited space outdoors for camping.  If you want to gauge distance search Lizton, Indiana; nearest hotels/motels are 10 minutes away in Brownsburg.  We are about a 30 minute drive from the Indianapolis airport.

IN:

C-R

BoilerTom90

BoilerTom90's son

hacker2000

rabutler

Tentative:

beef

wannaberunner + peeps

MTA: WTF is up with my posting? I can't fix this and will try again later.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

In

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Lizton, Indiana

Drive 670 miles one way to run and drink beer with virtual people.

Not likely but maybe.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Not likely but maybe.

Dude.  That's only 10 freeway hours.  And we are all pretty cool figments of your imagination.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Dude.  That's only 10 freeway hours.  And we are all pretty cool figments of your imagination.

Probably closer to 10 and a half, but that is each way.  Doing that in three days would not sit well with my sore ass (pardon the pun).  Unless I arrive Friday evening and left early Monday morning.

I have no doubts that it would be a lot of fun, and I would bring some good beer too.  Stuff from around here that you haven't tried.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

I'll do my best to be there. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Hawt and sexy

Ok, just checked, VTU is the weekend before this. I still doubt I can make it to Indy, but there are possibilities here.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Ok, just checked, VTU is the weekend before this. I still doubt I can make it to Indy, but there are possibilities here.

C'mon now....not THAT far....

FREE BEER.....

DoppleBock

I am very unlikely - I may be running again by then - My achillies is fine now - I just have to care again - I have never been very good with balance - But work and home life has been outstanding the last 2 weeks without running.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I am very unlikely - I may be running again by then - My achillies is fine now - I just have to care again - I have never been very good with balance - But work and home life has been outstanding the last 2 weeks without running.

Sorry to hear this.  You (and family) are welcome to come partake in the festivities regardless of your ability to run.

I look my best blurry!

Virtual people will become real!!! It's amazing!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know everyone I met in Las Vegas in Dec. Well, everyone except the ones that relentlessly bugged me about my username. Grrr...

Not likely but maybe.

Virtual people will become real!!! It's amazing!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know everyone I met in Las Vegas in Dec. Well, everyone except the ones that relentless bugged me about my username. Grrr...

Yea you should change that Wink

Feeling the growl again

I'm really looking to make this a quality event.  I already acquired a kegerator and right now I'm looking at awards and finishers medals....anyone have a problem with a $5 race fee to help defray that a bit? The beer will be quality and is still free afterwards.

Please confirm with me if you plan on coming or are tentative so I can plan accordingly as the day approaches.  I'm looking forward to it!  I am already prepping the track.

Ostrich runner

I should have some idea in the next couple weeks. The backpacking buddies: one blown knee, one blown ankle, one conflicting job, and me with the pregnant wife starting a residency in a different state. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

I should have some idea in the next couple weeks. The backpacking buddies: one blown knee, one blown ankle, one conflicting job, and me with the pregnant wife starting a residency in a different state. 

My Nancy Kerrigan strategy worked! Wink

I think you need the beer more than you need to be carrying cripple friends out of the back country.

I'll list you as tentative.  I need to bust your chops because you live <15 miles away and have still managed not to meet up with me yet.