3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Point taken. I'll stop whining now and HTFU.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Today, I set out  to run 3 miles at HM pace and mile 1 felt way harder than it's supposed to for the pace (8:40 mile), so thought I'd bag it thinking I was not recovered from Tuesday night interval session, took a short 10-15 sec break, then thought about this thread, and decided to give it another go, the next two miles were 8:24, 7:54 same effort, averaged out to about what I planned, if I take out that walk break.

Feeling the growl again

You don't have to be Olympic material for C-R to conjure up some stupid challenge to break you...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

You don't have to be Olympic material for C-R to conjure up some stupid challenge to break you...

I'm waiting for summer so we can all bust some races this Spring instead of just busting ourselves.

I will have to be inventive though. Heh

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

then thought about this thread, and decided to give it another go

Good work. And same here - my intervals today were in the suck zone (tired legs, wicked cold out with nasty wind), and I definitely thought about bailing, and then also thought about this thread.  Ragged, but pushed through it.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

Good work. And same here - my intervals today were in the suck zone (tired legs, wicked cold out with nasty wind), and I definitely thought about bailing, and then also thought about this thread.  Ragged, but pushed through it.

I'm running vicariously through y'all this week.  Thanks for the boost.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

I'm too fat to want to step on a scale (probably upper 150s, 10lb over weight).  I have not run a step in a week.

I am thinking about signing up for a marathon to get myself back into it.  Since it's in two days it looks like it's time to taper.

I've got the sudden urge to do Boston 2014 and I need a qualifier.

C-R

I'm too fat to want to step on a scale (probably upper 150s, 10lb over weight).  I have not run a step in a week.

I am thinking about signing up for a marathon to get myself back into it.  Since it's in two days it looks like it's time to taper.

I've got the sudden urge to do Boston 2014 and I need a qualifier.

USAF marathon in Dayton. Sept

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

USAF marathon in Dayton. Sept

Too late, I'm committed....

If I can run a 2:45-2:50 that should get me first corral, that's all I need.

kcam

You're running a marathon in two (2) days ... 10lbs over racing weight .... haven't run in a week nor I imagine trained very much due to that injury .... and will manage a 2:45-2:50?   Shocked    Gotta love it!  Go get it!

PS - I will be at Boston in '14 (God willing) as I've got a good-enuff qualifying time already, I think.

Prince of Fatness

Quintessential Hurtlocker right there.  No Boston for me as I have sort of swore off running and there is the small detail of qualifying.  There is time though.  I may need to think of some stupid stunt to do.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Meh.  Double post.  Move along.

Not at it at all. 

I may need to think of some stupid stunt to do.

Just don't follow Spaniel with the stunting tricks.  He takes it to an extreme level.

C-R

remind mw which? Kalamazoo? Toledo?

Feeling the growl again

remind mw which? Kalamazoo? Toledo?

Your backyard. Carmel.