3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

C-R

oh snap

Your backyard. Carmel.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Today is not your lucky day. Today is, in fact, a bad bad day for you. I am sorry.

We have run the lottery, and your name was selected as one that can participate in this year's Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon. Yep. You are in. Words cannot express how sorry I am for you. Or how sorry you will be. Anyhow, looks like you are in. Good luck with that. You will most certainly regret it. I'll be in touch.

Faster than a speeding banana.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

See you in November Spaniel.

Feeling the growl again

Looking forward to it!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Today is not your lucky day. Today is, in fact, a bad bad day for you. I am sorry.

We have run the lottery, and your name was selected as one that can participate in this year's Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon. Yep. You are in. Words cannot express how sorry I am for you. Or how sorry you will be. Anyhow, looks like you are in. Good luck with that. You will most certainly regret it. I'll be in touch.

Faster than a speeding banana.

Bwahahahahahahaha

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes indeed.

steph  

Would running a marathon two weeks before I run Harpeth Hills be a stupid idea? Because if it is, then I'm definitely gonna do it.

bhearn

Not stupid enough. I ran my first 100 a week before Monkey last time I ran it.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Going to run a 24 hour four weeks before Monkey.

I just hope to finish in time to get some yazoo.

steph  

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Gonna be there in time to join us for honky-tonkin' Friday night?

Possible, still mulling over if Friday or Monday would be the better option to take off.

Feeling the growl again

Do tell.  Still need to put my crap together on this one, it's been busy given that I'm now trying to actually train again and stuff.

Ostrich runner

Does anyone know of any good four month C250M training plans?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

So I haven't run since my marathon not because of the typical leg pain....I could have started with an easy 4-miler the next day....but because the combo of work stress and race stress crashed my immune system and I came down with a raging, energy-sucking sinus infection before the sun set that day.  Sleep is a fond memory.

So I get an email today at work that they have a contest Thursday to try to get people to run a total of at least 500 laps on the company 1/5 mile track from 5:30am-7pm.  At first, if they hit 500 they had a raffle to give some of the people T-shirts (whupyty-F'ing do).  Today they sweetened the pot and are going to give a Jawbone activty tracker thingy to whoever runs the most laps.  The thing looks cool and supposedly tracks sleep...I have been sleeping like crap for a long time....so I could use the free thingy.

So the plan is to get up early and knock out 12 miles (60 laps) before work.  Knock out a solid day, and do another 8 miles (40 laps) after work.  I seriously doubt anyone else is going to knock out 100 laps when they are looking for 500 laps from a campus of perhaps 15-20K people.

Yep, sounds like a plan to inflict more pain and abuse on the body. Hope the free thingy is worth it.  Good luck!