3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Feeling the growl again

You know, if you needed one of those jizmos and didn't have the cash we could have taken up a collection or something...

It was the principle of the thing.   Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I am thinking that next time they'd put an exclusion clause for the two of you.  What were they thinking when they setup only 500 laps as the target for the whole company, when a Triple Bock or a Wrigly Girl could show up and run all 500 laps by themselves.

Feeling the growl again

I am thinking that next time they'd put an exclusion clause for the two of you.  What were they thinking when they setup only 500 laps as the target for the whole company, when a Triple Bock or a Wrigly Girl could show up and run all 500 laps by themselves.

I was kind of surprised at the number of people who did a lot; there were at least half a dozen more who hit 50 laps (10 miles).  They had 400+ laps by 9am and changed it to a "5000 lap challenge".  I doubt they approached that but I'm going to guess they hit 1500.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

kcam

I have not heard confirmation.  Around lap 120 the head fitness center worker tried to convince me to stop and said they'd get us both something.  They were afraid they'd be calling the ambulance for us freak shows.  Frankly I felt pretty good up until the last couple miles.  The morning run hurt a lot more for some reason.

Wow.  Sounds like it was a gawdam prizefight.  Two guys staggering around, trading blows (laps) until someone collapses.  Awesomeness ...

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Wow.  Sounds like it was a gawdam prizefight.  Two guys staggering around, trading blows (laps) until someone collapses.  Awesomeness ...

There's something about stupid stunts that really brings out the competitor in Spaniel. 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

There's something about stupid stunts that really brings out the competitor in Spaniel. 

Seems that way doesn't it?

They hit 3,325 laps.  And while they credited me the overall win by 4 laps, somehow the math of adding my two entries (80+71) was too complicated and they shorted me 9 laps in the final results.  

Just a dude.

So, yesterday I ran 14 and a half miles. I was kinda tired. It felt long. I got done and then thought about Spaniel doing that run on a track. And then coming back later in the day and doing that run again. Sheesh. You a crazy man.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

So, yesterday I ran 14 and a half miles. I was kinda tired. It felt long. I got done and then thought about Spaniel doing that run on a track. And then coming back later in the day and doing that run again. Sheesh. You a crazy man.

-Kelly

DOOD, you lost like 90lbs in 9 months.  Don't pretend anything I do compares to that.  THAT is bat-shit crazy.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

DOOD, you lost like 90lbs in 9 months.  Don't pretend anything I do compares to that.  THAT is bat-shit crazy.

That's freaking amazing Kelly!

steph  

bhearn

Congratulations, spaniel! Very cool.

I'm going to hurt myself this week... Saturday I did a training run (officially organized with support etc.) on the middle 32 miles of the Western States course, 8,000 ft up, 11,000 feet down. My goal was to bomb the three big canyon descents, get in as much quad abuse as possible. I succeeded.

Starting today my wife and I are running 42 miles along the Rogue River over three days, with a rafting outfit that does group trail runs. They raft your stuff down the river, put you up in cabins, prepare all your meals, etc. Should be a blast.

My quads barely work. Hurts to walk. This will be interesting.

C-R

Great read over coffee at the lake. Is it time for me to think up something stoopid? Usually I hold off until December but an exception is possible.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

My goal was to bomb the three big canyon descents, get in as much quad abuse as possible. I succeeded.

Starting today my wife and I are running 42 miles along the Rogue River over three days, with a rafting outfit that does group trail runs. They raft your stuff down the river, put you up in cabins, prepare all your meals, etc. Should be a blast.

Bolded - now that's a Hurtlocker-ish goal if ever there was one.  I need to think up a way to do that for Boston 2015.

That running/rafting trip sounds awesome.

kcam

Congratulations, spaniel! Very cool.

I'm going to hurt myself this week... Saturday I did a training run (officially organized with support etc.) on the middle 32 miles of the Western States course, 8,000 ft up, 11,000 feet down. My goal was to bomb the three big canyon descents, get in as much quad abuse as possible. I succeeded.

The running thing along the Rogue River over three days sounds very interesting.  Please do tell the details!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Bolded - now that's a Hurtlocker-ish goal if ever there was one.  I need to think up a way to do that for Boston 2015.

That running/rafting trip sounds awesome.

Yes, very much so!

steph  

Just a dude.

+1!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...