3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Hello (updated newest results ) (Read 478 times)

Yes I see that peeps have been kicking ass here in the hurtlocker. Some VERY impressive racing has been going on!

Thanks EVERYONE!! I SHOULD have results tomorrow *fingers crossed* 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cspine MRI shows several sacs of fluid. They want me to see a neuro surgeon and I'm to bring the C-Spine MRI that I have here at home that was taken in 2003 to compare to the new ones. Apparently they need to see if I had the sacs of fluid then as well since it's possible that I could have been born with them. I believe Syringomyelia is what "it's" called.  I don't recall the neurologist or neurosurgeon that I saw ever said anything about sacs of fluid they were all about the impingement of my spinal cord that I had, so I'm FAIRLY certain that injury is the cause of the sacs of fluid. Now I just have to find out if it's safe for me to run or bike or if that is something I should stay away from. I know I can't weight lift *sigh* 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

obsessor

You are just going to have to be a bit more like Mary Fields.

http://badassoftheweek.com/fields.html

Rocken, I'm glad you've gotten a tangible diagnosis and that treatments are available.  Hoping for the best with the follow-up!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Rocken, I'm glad you've gotten a tangible diagnosis and that treatments are available.  Hoping for the best with the follow-up!

Agreed.  Keep us updated.  Is the theory that the injury back in 2001 was the thing that has sparked this, or is it more recent? Keeping you in my thoughts x

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

So do they know if the sacs or prior injury is causing this for sure, or are they still trying to potentially eliminate them as they move toward understanding what is going on?

As always, I continue to be impressed with your attitude and fortitude in dealing with this.  You are already a badass in my eyes.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Glad that you are able to take this in stride as you are moving forward.

Prayers and thoughts with you still.  

steph  

So do they know if the sacs or prior injury is causing this for sure, or are they still trying to potentially eliminate them as they move toward understanding what is going on?

As always, I continue to be impressed with your attitude and fortitude in dealing with this.  You are already a badass in my eyes.

I'm supposed to send my MRI'S from early 2003 to the Neuro Surgeon so that they can compare those to the most recent ones. I HAVE to believe that if the sacs of fluid were there way back then I would have been told by 1 of the 3 Neuro Surgeons I saw back then  since the sacs need to be monitored and I don't remember being told of any sacs of CF fluid period.  Crap I had no clue that anything like this could happen until yesterday. 

Thanks Andy! I won't lie and say it's very easy cause it's HARD AS HELL, but I've had a tough life which has HELPED me to get through things. 

You are just going to have to be a bit more like Mary Fields.

http://badassoftheweek.com/fields.html

LOVE IT!! I will have to work on this!

Agreed.  Keep us updated.  Is the theory that the injury back in 2001 was the thing that has sparked this, or is it more recent? Keeping you in my thoughts x

I can't say for sure since I've yet to see the Neuro Surgeon however I believe when they compare MRI'S it's possible  to say yes/no or maybe. The disc that was impinging my spinal cord caused that area to atrophy at the time. From my understandings  the cysts will grow where the degeneration  is going on in the spine 

Thanks Sarah 

xx

MTA: again I'm no Doctor though I have to say I would be SHOCKED if they told me it wasn't from the accident and that it was due to a malformation that I was born with 

Glad that you are able to take this in stride as you are moving forward.

Prayers and thoughts with you still.  

Thanks Steph!

Thanks Clive!!

Prince of Fatness

Sounds like you are finally getting some answers.  I hope things keep moving positively for you.

Not at it at all. 

I can't say for sure since I've yet to see the Neuro Surgeon however I believe when they compare MRI'S it's possible  to say yes/no or maybe.

I'm going out on a limb and saying it will be one of those three.Big grin

Man o man Rockin, I'm pulling for you to get some kind of answer soon.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I'm going out on a limb and saying it will be one of those three.Big grin

Man o man Rockin, I'm pulling for you to get some kind of answer soon.

Ya think?

Anyway thanks!  I have an appointment with the Neuro Surgeon Tuesday morning. Going to be a LONG weekend!