3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Hello (updated newest results ) (Read 478 times)

Been wondering how you've been since the sub-3:30 thread.  Keeping you in my thoughts.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

Thanks everyone for the prayers, hugs, positive thoughts! They worked! I had a catheterization of the heart. Everything looks GREAT! They gave me the all clear for surgery however I won't get the paperwork until tomorrow to give to my Neuro Surgeon. It will be AT LEAST 10 days before I can have surgery since all the meds I was given the past 16 hours but  I have high hopes I'll be in and out before Christmas

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

#artbydmcbride

Woot!  Good news!   Now get strong and enjoys the holidays until the surgery. 

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Great news, Pam!  Best of luck with your surgery.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

+1

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Yeah - what PotatoHead said... glad to hear this, now on to the next phase, & praying that goes spectacularly and you can find some relief on the other side of surgery day. 

C-R

Hot damn. Good to hear.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

This.  Hope you get the date soon.  What a huge relief.  Did you read this article posted in the GSP.   It made me think of you (in terms of blood markers of heart damage). x

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

This.  Hope you get the date soon.  What a huge relief.  Did you read this article posted in the GSP.   It made me think of you (in terms of blood markers of heart damage). x

I just read that. 

I was told by a few different cardiologists (at the hospital) to keep doing what I'm doing because it's working! Both parents have had multiple bypass's, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabete's. They are both rather young, my fathers first bypass was in his early 40's.  

Btw Thanks Hopxxx  Ken and I are stopping at my doctors office and are determined NOT to leave until I get a signed form of medical clearance. Apparently cardiac clearance isn't enough now

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yea!  And good luck, Pam

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Woohoo!! Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Yeah - what PotatoHead said... glad to hear this, now on to the next phase, & praying that goes spectacularly and you can find some relief on the other side of surgery day. 

This.  Hoping all the best for you.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Got clearance to run today!! That is the GREAT NEWS. Other news is I had a Vestibular evaluation today. I got me some issue's and I will be starting vestibular therapy on Friday. Surgeon believes that the I need to go back to the Neurologist since some of the issue's I'm having aren't due to the surgery and COULD be due to the acronym that shall remain unnamed but that they were thinking it was in the beginning. I wasn't  prepared to hear her say it out loud but wasn't surprised. Anyway my cervical spine looks wonderful. All the hardware is where it's supposed to be. So no running at night or on trails until further notice but I CAN RUN!!!! Of course my husband probably WON"T allow me to run by myself for awhile, BUT I CAN RUN lol

Slo

Awesome!

Woo-hoo!  Gonna start out easy ... like just 100-mile weeks?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau