3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March Racing Thread (Read 1400 times)

pfetro - March 25th - Shamrock Shuffle 8k, Chicago  - Still working on a goal but sub 29 sounds good for now.

Hey C-R, I'll be in Indy on the 31st and might be in the mood to race.  Are you talking about that USATF race?  The link/s on Indy Runners aren't looking so good.

C-R

pfetro - March 25th - Shamrock Shuffle 8k, Chicago  - Still working on a goal but sub 29 sounds good for now.

Hey C-R, I'll be in Indy on the 31st and might be in the mood to race.  Are you talking about that USATF race?  The link/s on Indy Runners aren't looking so good.

Yeah. Exactly. There is a 5k that works but 10k sounds better. I e-mailed USATF but got nothing yet. Let's at least run a 5k. I can finish minutes behind you but it will be a good get to gether.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

I guess I owe you a belated "Welcome to the neighborhood!"  I just noticed that you are in the city and running the path.  I get on between Lawrence and Foster, so we have probably run past each other a dozen times.  I'm the slow jogger with bad form.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

Sorry for the sloppy updates folks but I'm caught up.  Life's a shit sandwich sometimes.  Gotta squeeze a run in.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

1 Mile Race

Carson High School Track

Carson City, Nv.

March 31st.

Goal: 5:20 (again)

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I guess I owe you a belated "Welcome to the neighborhood!"  I just noticed that you are in the city and running the path.  I get on between Lawrence and Foster, so we have probably run past each other a dozen times.  I'm the slow jogger with bad form.

Thanks WG, I'll keep an eye out for you.  I usually get on at Lawrence so I'm sure we've crossed paths and didn't know it.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Umstead 100 miler, March 31. Finish the bitch.

DoppleBock

I do not mean to put pressure on you - But how far sub 10?

NJ Ultra fest 50 miler 3-24  Sub 10:00

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Shuffle fast - Just shuffle fast 

DoppleBock

Back to caring about running

March 17th - Fox Cities Marathon backward - Just a fun fat-ass type training run ~ I'm going to make it either a 50k or a 40 miler with extra miles tacked on after the finish.  That being said - I would like to do the marathon in > 3:20 ... Still logging 140 Miles that week in total.

March 31st - Mad City 50k.  Much like Fox Cities backward.  I am hoping to run 7 x 10k loops to get a long run in.  So the 2 goals for this race / week are to do the 50k in < 4 hours and hit at least 120 miles this week in total.

I do not mean to put pressure on you - But how far sub 10?

Initially I was thinking goal B would be 9:45 and goal A would be 9:30, however I am now changing  goal B to 9:30 and stretching my goal A to 9:00. If all my stars are aligned right I think 9 is possible and maybe just maybe even  sub 9. But my stars are never all aligned. If it was last years course I may have even thought to stretch goal A to as far as8:00- 8:30, however it is not and I'm not too sure how the new course is.

This is the first time I've ever had 3 months consecutive with over 300 each , this could be good or could blow up in my face. Also my main problem in ultra's is nutrition. I THINK I may be getting that figured out, we shall see

MTA: Crap I looked and I had one month of over 300 a month over 200 and including my 100 mile race , 250 or so for that month. Course at that time I had totally forgot that I signed up for the 100 and was training in hopes to get a better seed time for 2010 Boston. It wasn't until a week before the 100 miler that I got the reminder email and approached my husband to see if he thought it was doable. When it comes to time goals I feel like I am just pulling it out of my ass. At the end of yesterdays run I felt like I could keep going and going. Could I have? who knows.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

DB do you think I'm being too aggressive? I know, you really have no way to tell but heck figured I'd ask the question anyways.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

3/3 -- Indy Mini Training Series 10K -- 33:20, defend title

I'd really hoped to be solidly sub-33 by this point, but given how I've screwed the pooch this month I think that would be overly optimistic.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

3/3 -- Indy Mini Training Series 10K -- 33:20, defend title

I'd really hoped to be solidly sub-33 by this point, but given how I've screwed the pooch this month I think that would be overly optimistic.

Don't forget your flats.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Don't forget your flats.

You know, I knew that was coming back around....