3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March Racing Thread (Read 1400 times)

Nads, HUGE congrats!  Blistering time.

Spaniel, that's just unbelievable!  How could a guy in that kind of shape think people would give way?  It's not like you were some hobbyjogger who went out like Usain, died, and was roadblocking everyone.

After viewing my wrist ~12 hrs later, I am regretting not approaching one of the cops working the race while I had my witnesses handy and asking to press assault charges.  Seemed kind of an a-hole move at the time but now, not so much.

Don't forget: the RD has the assailant's name, address, and other vitals.  it's all right there on his registration form. Smile

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

You should be proud that you didn't reduce yourself to his level.  

As anyone on here that has met me IRL can attest, I'm really a nice guy who will give the shirt off my back to people I barely know.  However I think it would be no surprise that I have a short fuse for stupid/immature/inconsiderate people.  I am proud that I restrained myself...but I must admit that right now, as I find out that he was not DQ'd for behavior he admitted to the RD, after agreeing to be DQ'd, I kind of wish I'd just said to hell with the race and gotten a message through to him.

Nobody said life is fair for the good guy.

Fuck it.  If I ever race him again I will own his ass.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive   March 25        Bear Blaster Fat Ass 50k+      Augusta, Ga.    8 Hours = wild ass guess (And the 50k+ is actually 58k)

7:21:15  35.5 miles.  5th OA out of 16.   2nd woman out of 6.

I fell down 10-11 times.  And that was on the flat ground!  I would see the root and still trip over it.

I just couldn't pick up my knees for a while there.  For the last six miles my mantra was "Pick up your knees dumb ass".

Very well organized.  I did have fun.  Now I need sleep.

steph  

Ostrich runner

As anyone on here that has met me IRL can attest, I'm really a nice guy who will give the shirt off my back to people I barely know.  However I think it would be no surprise that I have a short fuse for stupid/immature/inconsiderate people.  I am proud that I restrained myself...but I must admit that right now, as I find out that he was not DQ'd for behavior he admitted to the RD, after agreeing to be DQ'd, I kind of wish I'd just said to hell with the race and gotten a message through to him.

Nobody said life is fair for the good guy.

Fuck it.  If I ever race him again I will own his ass.

Hey, if you don't...you can always have a 200lb guy named beef go out fast with you for a couple miles. Hey, I might not be able to hold pace much longer than that, but I'm a lawyer, so I'll break anything for the right amount of money/scotch.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Spaniel, that's a messed up story...hope you heal up quick.

Well done TeaOlive, sounds like a tough race.

DoppleBock

Sorry Spaniel - Pleanty of dickheads out there to do around.  Revenge would accomplish nothing ... as good as it would feel.  Heal up!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Was it all a dream?

Damn spaniel!  That's just freaking unbelievable!  

+1

Dude sounds pyscho.  More power to you for handling it well.  I don't know if I would have been able to bottle up the fury if I found myself in a similar position.

Was it all a dream?

18:33

Awesome racing Nader!

DoppleBock

But how was it?  I fall all the time - Maybe only 4-5 times in 50k, but ... no ones judging you.

Do you love it - Hate it?  Would you do it again?

35.5 is not that far from 50 miles! 

7:21:15  35.5 miles.  5th OA out of 16.   2nd woman out of 6.

I fell down 10-11 times.  And that was on the flat ground!  I would see the root and still trip over it.

I just couldn't pick up my knees for a while there.  For the last six miles my mantra was "Pick up your knees dumb ass".

Very well organized.  I did have fun.  Now I need sleep.

DoppleBock

Nader - Now that you have that sub 19 mental garbage taken care of ... We all knew you could do it ... You just needed to know you could do it - How about running sub 18 ... We all know you have it in you!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

But how was it?  I fall all the time - Maybe only 4-5 times in 50k, but ... no ones judging you.

Do you love it - Hate it?  Would you do it again?

35.5 is not that far from 50 miles! 

Oops sorry DB.   Yes, it was great and I will do it again next fall.  If not sooner. 

pfwtro - The course it self wasn't so tough I think.   And If they hold it again next year as

planned I highly recommend it.  

I just need to get some more quad strength I think.  I did fine on the harder bits that came

first.  But sadly, all of my falls were on the flatter bits.  No excuse

other than I was just getting tired and wasn't lifting my knees high enough.  However, I didn't                                         

figure this out until the last six milesI  Once I figured it out I started consciously

telling my self to lift my knees and those miles went a lot better.

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I was very remiss not to mention Mike: 

As a counter point to the horse's ass in spaniel's race I must mention Mike!   I should have mentioned

him from the first.  I lost my glasses in one fall and the man behind me stopped.  He wouldn't go on

until the glasses were found.   I repeatedly told him to go on but he wouldn't and he did in the end find them.

I was very relieved that in the end he placed ahead of me!

steph  

DoppleBock

Ultras are more a community of friends. 

I was very remiss not to mention Mike: 

As a counter point to the horse's ass in spaniel's race I must mention Mike!   I should have mentioned

him from the first.  I lost my glasses in one fall and the man behind me stopped.  He wouldn't go on

until the glasses were found.   I repeatedly told him to go on but he wouldn't and he did in the end find them.

I was very relieved that in the end he placed ahead of me!

C-R

Ultras are more a community of friends. 

+1. Only have run one but the trail runners are a welcoming group.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Nader - Now that you have that sub 19 mental garbage taken care of ... We all knew you could do it ... You just needed to know you could do it - How about running sub 18 ... We all know you have it in you!

Gonna take more than a race to get my head "all there." 

I would be over-the-moon thrilled with sub 18. 

Thank you for taking note, guys.  Really.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus