3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July Racing Thread -- Spaniel Farms Beer Mile July 16th (Read 1288 times)

Feeling the growl again

Don't forget your liver.

Result

MandyS -- 7/2 -- North Island XC - top-5 Wellington ladies, 21min               21:29; 4th

Amores Perros -- 7/5 -- 3200m -- <11:12                                                              11:00.4

spaniel -- 7/6 -- Hendricks County 5K Series #5 -- 16:40                                        DNS

DoppleBock -- 7/9--  DWD Devils Lake 50k, Baraboo WI - Sub 5 hours            DNF

DoppleBock -- 7/9 -- Beer Mile, Neenah, WI -- <8:30                                            DNS

MandyS -- 7/9 -- Wellington XC - selected for Nationals (top-6)                     selected, 5th

rabutler -- 7/4 -- Firecracker 6 Mile, Indianapolis IN, under 60 min                   58:04

beef -- 7/9-7/16 -- Wilderness hiking -- not become bear poop                       still living

rabutler -- 7/12 -- Eagle Creek Trail Series 5k -- <31:00                                     33:12

Amores Perros -- 7/16 -- mile, PR <5:10                                                                5:09.70

NaderAlfie -- 7/16 -- Teterboro Airport 5K -- 19:29, no bird strikes                      19:59

C-R -- 7/16 -- Spaniel Farms Beer Mile -- <10min, no puking                              DNS

rabutler -- 7/16 -- Spaniel Farms Beer Mile -- <12min, no puking                      20:34

Spaniel -- 7/16 -- Spaniel Farms Beer Mile -- 6:40                                                 6:58 (but 13sec beer!)

Amores Perros -- 7/17 -- 50K, finish                                                                      finished

MandyS -- 7/23 -- Nationals XC -- top 5 in age group                                   9th OA, 20:24, 5th age

Purdey -- 7/24 -- Downland Ultra 50K -- sub-4:30                                                5 and change

rabutler -- 7/26 -- TNT Series #4 5K -- sub-33                                                        30:55

C-R -- 7/30 -- Seton Fest 5K -- sub-25                                                                     22:11

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

What you are smelling is smoke from the gears in Mr Potato Head's brain as he tries to figure out how in the hell he can make it out for the beer mile.

Carry on.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

What you are smelling is smoke from the gears in Mr Potato Head's brain as he tries to figure out how in the hell he can make it out for the beer mile.

Carry on.

Step 1:  Put a couple cases of homebrew and DogfishHead in the trunk of the Jetta.

Step 2:  Drive west.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Step 1:  Put a couple cases of homebrew and DogfishHead in the trunk of the Jetta.

Step 2:  Drive west.

Step 1 is about right, except that I would bring Weyerbacher and some other stuff, and my car is a Golf, and I would probably bring the wife's Mazda 6.  Believe me, if I am coming, I am coming with beer.  Good beer.

Step 2 is the part that I need to get a handle on.  I just got back from a trip to my mom's house in SC.  Long drives suck.  I can do it, mind you, but they suck.  No getting around it.

But you missed step 0, which is convincing Mrs Potato Head that it is necessary for me to drive to Hickville, IN to run a beer mile.  I am picturing her eyes rolling as I type this.  Ultimately if I want I can if I want.  The biggie for me is the long drive, times two.  If you were closer it would be a no brainer..

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

She's welcome too.  We're not 19 anymore, I'm sure we won't get THAT stupid.  I plan to throw a good BBQ, the actual beer mile is only part of the event.

Ostrich runner

Speak for yourself. If this backpacking trip falls through and I show up, I'm wrecking every acre.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Speak for yourself. If this backpacking trip falls through and I show up, I'm wrecking every acre.

Like.

Hey, there was no backpacking trip in the equation when we set the date.

DoppleBock

7/9 DWD Devils Lake 50k, Baraboo WI - Sub 5 hours

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

7/4 Firecracker 6 Mile, Indianapolis IN, under 60 min

7/16 Spaniel Farms Beer Mile, I have no idea what to put for a goal. Not puke, 12 min? My drinking skill is as bad as my running skill.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I look my best blurry!

Do any of you have some running wives or girlfriends? I just had my 3rd high liver function test. Does that mean my liver is better than everyone else's?

Feeling the growl again

Do any of you have some running wives or girlfriends? I just had my 3rd high liver function test. Does that mean my liver is better than everyone else's?

Maybe you have an extra lobe turning out all those enzymes that will suck up all the alcohol....

I hope we get a women's contingent together.  There was another 3-4 RA'er women from MI that were thinking of coming down but there was a conflict and it appears to have fallen through.

Do any of you have some running wives or girlfriends?

One is enough. thank you.

Feeling the growl again

One is enough. thank you.

You'd make one lousy politician.

And probably a lousier Jihadist, who needs to handle 64, eagerly waiting for him

Teterboro Airport 5k - 7/16 - 19:29

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus