3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who needs a hamster wheel (Read 974 times)

That does looks like a good deal (I could get another $500 off from  my firm but that is taxable so  net 300 off?).

I have a question about these foldable machines, aren't they inherently not as stable as the fixed ones? 

Hawt and sexy

Psst, you can sometimes find that high end treadmill for dirt cheap this time of year on craigslist. The not-so-hamster-like realize that it's no good as an expensive laundry rack.

I read SRL camera. Dude, weird.

I'm touching your pants.

Hawt and sexy

Oh, I had a Horizon Fitness model last me 3 years and I am now on a Sears Proform. Not that any of that helps. I sure don't need 12 mph anytime soon. I think mine only goes to 10. But it's kinda funny that Andypants has one that only goes to 11.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

I have a question about these foldable machines, aren't they inherently not as stable as the fixed ones? 

I can't speak for all of them, but mine is perfectly stable.  I guess the heavier commercial ones I run on in hotel gyms may feel a tad more stable, but not in a way that makes them more runnable.  

I never fold mine up except to pull crayons out from under it though.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

But it's kinda funny that Andypants has one that only goes to 11.

Sad to say, at this current time, unless I"m running intervals it's fast enough.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I think I'll just keep burning out the TMs at my local Planet Fitness, tyvm...

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

Feeling the growl again

I think I'll just keep burning out the TMs at my local Planet Fitness, tyvm...

You don't have kids yet, eh?  Wink

Run fast tomorrow, dude.  I'm very excited to see your result.

mbehr, check this out.  For the price and stats, this looks like an amazing deal to me.  LIFETIME WARRANTY on most of the machine, deck included!

I want one...

Ben saw you post this and apparently we are going to get it before the weekend sale runs out.

I wish we had room for two. I see us fighting over it once winter hits.

Well, not fighting...but you know what I mean. Taking turns begrudgingly.

Feeling the growl again

Ben saw you post this and apparently we are going to get it before the weekend sale runs out.

I wish we had room for two. I see us fighting over it once winter hits.

Well, not fighting...but you know what I mean. Taking turns begrudgingly.

I'm glad my 30sec of googling was useful.  Wink   It really did strike me as a lot of features, with a good warranty, for the price.

Let me know how it is.  Seriously.  I can't see my current one lasting thousands more miles.

Well after a rush of a weekend and visiting a couple of places to check on treadmills, I went with the Commercial 1750.  Ordered it online last night and got another $75 off after doing a quick search for coupon codes.  Now I just need to reorganize the area in the basement where this is going.....

mbehr, check this out.  For the price and stats, this looks like an amazing deal to me.  LIFETIME WARRANTY on most of the machine, deck included!

I want one...

Oh, and thanks for the tip(s).  I did check out the Landice and it did seem nice, however, I couldn't get myself to spend the extra money.  If this was all I ran on besides being outside, then I might have.

Feeling the growl again

So I sold two of them....hey, where's my commission???

So I sold two of them....hey, where's my commission???

If there was a spot for how this was recommended, your name would have been on it.  Too bad referrals don't give you a shot at a better discount.

We finally ordered it last night after thinking it over all weekend.....minus the coupon code though. Who knew.

Feeling the growl again

Got my new deck in last night, so I tore down the machine and put it in.  The kids helped, so it only took twice as long as doing it alone.  The 2-yr-old just about got the scissors into the belt before I caught on.

Just waiting on the second box with the new start button and speed sensor...got lucky, the belt really does look OK even though I could smell some burn odor the last time I shut it down (how I knew to check to see if it was ok).

I've already missed 2 runs due to the down time...