3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April Racing Thread (Read 1407 times)

Feeling the growl again

Post'em.

Result:

Dickey -- 4/1 -- Unnamed 5K -- sub-15:20, go dude!                                             15:48

Carl a -- 4/2 -- Philly 100 -- finish                                                                                DNS

MandyS -- 4/2 -- Wandaire HM -- 1:30                                                                     1:33:52

MrPHinNJ -- 4/2 -- Kutztown Fool's Run 10-Mile -- sub-1:20                              1:17:17

smalcolm -- 4/2 -- Yakima Valley Marathon -- post-event post                            3:28:17

TonyP -- 4/3 -- Alpha Delta Pi-athlon -- sub-1:00 and top-5 bike split                1:02; 14th bike

WrigleyGirl -- 4/3 -- The Race That's Good For Life 5K, Oak Park IL                    DNS

WrigleyGirl -- 4/9 -- Mad City 100K Nat'l Road Champs MadisonWI                    DNS

Candice S -- 4/10 -- St. Louis Marathon - 3:05                                                       3:14:20 in the fucking heat

schneider -- 4/10 -- St. Louis Marathon - sub-2:28                                                2:33:?? in the fucking heat

Burnt Toast -- 4/16 -- Eath Day HM St Cloud MN -- A=1:40, B-1:42, C=PR         DNS

NaderAlfie -- 4/16 -- Asbury Park HM                                                                          DNS

willamona -- 4/16 -- Gansett Marathon -- PR, meet shit-faced peeps               <5hrs, met shit-faced peeps and touched pants

mbehr - 4/17 -- NCO Springahead 10K - sub-35:00                                                36:04 on questionable course

Greg_C -- 4/18 -- Boston Marathon -- 3:08:45; get shit-faced                                3:22:36

C-R -- 4/18 -- Boston Marathon -- sub-3, FUCK                                                        DNS

e_rainrun -- 4/18 -- Boston Marathon -- sub-3:20

jpdeaux -- 4/18 -- Boston Marathon -- sub-3:10                                                       

L Train -- 4/18 -- Boston Marathon -- 3:09:17                                                           3:5X

spaniel -- 4/18 -- Boston Marathon -- show up and finish                                      3:27:whocares

MandyS -- 4/25 -- ANZAC 10K -- sub-41                                                                   42:24

CandiceS -- 4/30 -- Get in Gear 10K -- sub-40 or 39:30?                                       "goal MP"

MandyS -- 4/30 -- Rotorua HM -- 1:30                                                                        1:32:58 

smalcolm -- 4/30 -- Capital Peak 50-Miler -- sub-10 maybe even sub-9:30        9:27; PR

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

April 16 - Asbury Park Half Marathon 

Goal: TBD 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Boston, then many beers and a good long nap. Then more beers.

MTA: Crap, this is a goal thread. For now I'll say 3:10.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Prince of Fatness

April 2

10 Miles

Kutztown Fools' Run

Kutztown, PA

Goal:  This will be a fitness check.  I will come up with an actual time later.

Not at it at all. 

Hawt and sexy

Gansett Marathon April 16, I hope to be in PR shape by then.

MTA- If things work out, I can watch Boston and meet the shit-faced peeps.

I'm touching your pants.

Kalsarikännit

4/3 The Race That's Good For Life, Oak Park, IL 5k

4/9  Mad City 100k (100k Road Nat Champs) Madison, WI

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Prince of Fatness

"fitness check" cop-out

Dude, WTF?  It's fucking February.  I will put a time goal on this thing.

I ran a PR in this race last year.  It was the first race that I went watchless, and I'll do it again.  I will race this fucker because I want a benchmark compared to last year.  Then I will know.

So fuck off with the cop out shit.

Oh yeah, and this ......  Wink

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Dude, WTF?  It's fucking February.  I will put a time goal on this thing.

I ran a PR in this race last year.  It was the first race that I went watchless, and I'll do it again.  I will race this fucker because I want a benchmark compared to last year.  Then I will know.

So fuck off with the cop out shit.

Oh yeah, and this ......  Wink

Hey, I have to run a fucking 5K in the morning with no speedwork under my belt.  Somebody has to pay for my grumpiness.  

I only dish it to those who can take it.  (With a couple exceptions).  

I'm just learning what a task stepping up for this was for you last year in that other forum.  First day and already changes and all.  That's why I'm going by the month.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, I can take it.  I dish it out so I must.

But this race is important to me.  It really will be the first indicator of what I have lost, since I was running well last year when I ran it.  The bottom dropped out about three weeks after the race last year.  I will race it.

As far as running the thread went, it wasn't that hard.  I had a system.  What made it hard was that I wasn't running or racing.  I really felt like going away for a while but I had that thread hanging over my head.  Talk about grumpy.

Not at it at all. 

4/30 - Rotorua Marathon (NZ Marathon Championships).  Goal: to win a national medal.  Any colour is fine with me.  Yes there'll eventually be a time goal too.  Probably around 3.10.  We'll see.

C-R

4/18 Boston - sub 3 and hope to catch my flight so I can get to Portland OR on the 19th. Fuck

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

L Train

Boston.  3:09:17

4/3 The Race That's Good For Life, Oak Park, IL 5k

4/9  Mad City 100k (100k Road Nat Champs) Madison, WI

You think you can recover from that 5K in time to run the 100K?

Prince of Fatness

Boston.  3:09:17

That's a nice rounded number?

Good luck!

Not at it at all. 

L Train

That's a nice rounded number?

Good luck!

There's an obscure and infantile reason for it, but it's probably hard to find.