3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November / December 2012 Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1074 times)

C-R

Well, I'm sick so I lost my appetite.  That might almost make up for the perma-hunger I had yesterday after the 33-miler.

Damn. That TM workout did a number on ya. Get well quick. I mean real quick.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Well, I'm sick so I lost my appetite.  That might almost make up for the perma-hunger I had yesterday after the 33-miler.

A TM 33 miler?????? Do we have another DB or A1 in our midst? Spaniel, you're going to need to get a new two letter, two syllable screen name if you keep that up. 

I wonder if I can get on that crash diet plan if I attempt a 30 miler?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Just looked at your log, you did four hours on a treadmill??? Who are you, DB?

Please tell me you at least had a tv.

I am sure DB wouldn't have needed his wife to leave the house with all the kids to avoid wimping out at 3hrs.  My mind was looking for an excuse.  I was 'that close".  The last hour sucked.

Yes, 2 movies + from DVR.

I am hoping it seems easier next time.  I'm trying for 1X per month until my next 50 attempt.  Either more duration or a bit faster each time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Wow Spaniel, your TM run would be two good weeks for me now. ... which may be part of the reason I weighed in at 181 this morning.

I may need to adjust my goal to just reduce the rate of weight gain rather than to actually lose weight. 

Feeling the growl again

I may need to adjust my goal to just reduce the rate of weight gain rather than to actually lose weight. 

There are many of us that have been at this for months, and have to start showing some spine and get it done.

I'm at the top of that list.

Then there are people like WhoDat, that have to make the rest of us slackers look bad.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Went to the doc today. My weight was 9 lbs lower than it was at my annual checkup exactly one year ago. And today it is p 1-2 lbs since my race last week since I have not been running and have focused on recovery. So I suspect my weight is 10+ lbs down from last year.

Also, got my lipids checked.

Miles

Chol

HDL

LDL

Trigs

12/21/12

~2000

12/11/11

12/20/10

12/18/09

Yep. My HDL is indeed 107.

Feeling the growl again

Went to the doc today. My weight was 9 lbs lower than it was at my annual checkup exactly one year ago. And today it is p 1-2 lbs since my race last week since I have not been running and have focused on recovery. So I suspect my weight is 10+ lbs down from last year.

Also, got my lipids checked.

Miles

Chol

HDL

LDL

Trigs

12/21/12

~2000

12/11/11

12/20/10

12/18/09

Yep. My HDL is indeed 107.

Your cholesterol is 200+.  You need to do something about that.  

Wink

Great job, last time I had numbers like that I got called back in to explain them.

123.6 WOOHOOOOOO

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

What are you guys eating? Chunks of lard?

Quoted once again, 'cause it's funny!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

What are you guys eating? Chunks of lard?

It appears that way.  

Sadly, cookies are not a food group.  Neither are pies, mixed nuts and cheese Black eye

steph  

Sadly, cookies are not a food group.

Now you tell us.  Bummer.

Neither are pies, mixed nuts and cheese Black eye

But if you're in WI, beer and cheese apparently are part of the main food groups.  Cripes, I was staying away from beer and the beer thread but I was weak with the long weekend in WI.  Stepped on the scale last night after we got home...I was (gulp) +6 lbs from when we left for WI.  Guess that means it was a good trip.  I look at it this way.  The extra lbs add for resistance training.  Train heavy, race light.

133! 133! I can't believe I lost 2 pounds over Christmas, eating lumps of lard (aka cookies). Wink

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I look at it this way.  The extra lbs add for resistance training.  Train heavy, race light.

Yeah, I'll go with that.   A gain of one pound for 131.

steph  

202 today. Looks like a fail for the holiday weight loss.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xhristopher

179.8 this morning for me. Status quo through the holiday is a win. Now I need to get rid of all the cookies, fudge, etc that is lying around before I end up eating it.