3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March 2013 Racing Thread (Read 183 times)

Walk-Jogger

34:48 for me.  Very happy given the nasty hill you run three times in this one.  2nd overall and a bottle of wine and a cookery book as a prize - random!!  Nearly felt like spring for about 10 minutes today as well...

Roth, nice win! Bottle of wine AND a cookbook? Cool

Oh, and congrats on the 34:48 10K and 2nd place over-all finish also! That looks like a huge 10K PR for you?

Retired &  Loving It

It was a big official PR - but I haven't run a 10k for years.

flarunner

Thanks for the props, peeps. And nice racing RR, ken and Cecil. Dang.

kcam

It was a big official PR - but I haven't run a 10k for years.

Well, that's the way to do it!  Tough course - huge PR.  Gonna be something special when you catch a good course on a good day.  Personally, 10K might  be my favorite distance ... either that or 10 miles.

By the way folks, I forgot to mention that I saw someone kinda famous during my 10miler in Redding.  So I'm running the race and see a runner coming the opposite direction.  A female wearing black boy-cut shorts and black crop top.  She's moving at a pretty good clip and has every mark of a serious runner.  No fat, muscles, moving so fluidly, not a young girl either.  In my race-induced fuzzy mental state a couple things go through my mind:  1 - why is this woman who is obviously a badass runner not running her small town's biggest race of the year?  2 - She's fricking hot!.   Anyway, later on I was talking to my wife and she told me that she saw Sara Hall.  I'm like "BINGO!!"  - that's who that was!  Guess she was out for a easy workout and to checkout the race.  She and her hubbie, Ryan, live in Redding (guess he's from there).  I suppose Pro runners like that don't run unless they're getting paid. True Story.

3/9 -- CliveF -- Blue & Green 5k -- Charlotte NC -- Goal = sub-19:20

I'm a bit of a dumbass: this race isn't until May 11th.  And so, please edit this weekend's race to ...

3/9 -- CliveF -- A+B Corporate Cup 5k -- Charlotte NC -- Goal = 19:10

MTA: sorry, not decided yet.  I do know this much, though:

3/9 -- CliveF -- _________________ 5k -- [somewhere near Charlotte NC] -- Goal = 19:10

MTA again: I finally decided.

3/9 -- CliveF -- Alston + Bird Corporate Cup 5k (Charlotte NC) -- Goal = 19:10

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

By the way folks, I forgot to mention that I saw someone kinda famous during my 10miler in Redding.  So I'm running the race and see a runner coming the opposite direction.  A female wearing black boy-cut shorts and black crop top.  She's moving at a pretty good clip and has every mark of a serious runner.  No fat, muscles, moving so fluidly, not a young girl either.  In my race-induced fuzzy mental state a couple things go through my mind:  1 - why is this woman who is obviously a badass runner not running her small town's biggest race of the year?  2 - She's fricking hot!.   Anyway, later on I was talking to my wife and she told me that she saw Sara Hall.  I'm like "BINGO!!"  - that's who that was!  Guess she was out for a easy workout and to checkout the race.  She and her hubbie, Ryan, live in Redding (guess he's from there).  I suppose Pro runners like that don't run unless they're getting paid. True Story.

Always cool to see elites out on the road.  The real question is, how did your form/posture and pace change while you saw her coming at you?

I'll always remember my first marathon way back in 1997 (Twin Cities).  Ended up running with two ladies (one from Nebraska and the other from Missouri).  Early on in the race, another woman jumped in and was running with us as the other two ladies saw her and called her over.  She was out on a training run that day.  I got introduced to her (Anne Marie) and the four of us chatted off and on for several miles.  After she ducked out (around mile 12 or 13), the two ladies called me out and said, you have no idea who that was do you.  I kindly said no.  They explained it to me then as it was Anne Marie Lauck (then a one-time Olympian).  The two ladies kept their pace and slowly pulled away from me around the 14-15 mile mark.  It was a cool experience, especially for the first marathon.

34:48 for me.  Very happy given the nasty hill you run three times in this one.  2nd overall and a bottle of wine and a cookery book as a prize - random!!  Nearly felt like spring for about 10 minutes today as well...

Dang RR, another awesome race effort.  Way to go!

C-R

Ok. I'm with Clive on the calendar issue. Scratch the Shamrock Shuffle on the 16th. I was informed that I have to go with DW to an event.

This pretty much sums it up for me (an no its not that friggin rick roll shit)  - Enjoy

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

lsp

Lump Off

I had not put this on the calendar (just showed up in this group a few days ago) but I ran a 10k yesterday in 54:52; a good result for me.  But, I plan to crush that result later this year so this is my baseline.

3rd in the 40-49 F age group.  I'm looking to improve to a 1st or 2nd.

Feeling the growl again

I had not put this on the calendar (just showed up in this group a few days ago) but I ran a 10k yesterday in 54:52; a good result for me.  But, I plan to crush that result later this year so this is my baseline.

3rd in the 40-49 F age group.  I'm looking to improve to a 1st or 2nd.

Be sure when you plan to crush it that you get your race and goal entered ahead of time; the most outstanding performance each month wins free beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

the most outstanding performance each month wins free beer.

Speaking of that, who get's it for February?

Good racing this month, and we're only one weekend into it!

Cecil57 with the scorching 1:26

flarunner going 2min under goal (sandbagger) and taking the AG win

ken rocking the NorCal 10

Ileneforward taking second in her AG

RR hammering another quick time

Stealthy superbunny making 10km progress and setting a baseline at 54:52

(Almost makes me want to use an emoticon.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Speaking of that, who get's it for February?

Thanks for the reminder, see that thread.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

flarunner

HEY! My reputation is being questioned. Wait, I'm new here, I have no reputation.

Anyway, no sandbagging going on.

I've done 3, count 'em, 3 10Ks since I moved to Florida in 1999. The last time before that was ~30 years ago. And I think that was the fastest 10K I've ever run, so yay me.

I'm not looking for any awards or anything, I just don't want you folks to think I'm making stuff up. <small, quiet voice> Besides, I don't drink beer.</small, quiet voice>

Now, if I'm that far off in my prediction for my next 10K (in July) then you can rightly call me out.

OK, carry on.

Feeling the growl again

<small, quiet voice> Besides, I don't drink beer.</small, quiet voice>

Well, I also make wine, so there's that option too.