3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March 2013 Racing Thread (Read 183 times)

Well, I also make wine, so there's that option too.

I didn't even know we win alcohol. This will help me run faster.
    J-L-C

3/1 -- JLC  --  Ulsan 10k - Ulsan, Korea  <34:30

Bombed this one. Didn't even end up being 10k as they rerouted us incorrectly on the return leg so we missed 1.2k. Anyway, I was on pace for something like 36 mins +, so almost two minutes off pace. Woops, bad race!

That made two rough races in five days. Just call me butter 'cause I'm on a roll... Cool

J-L-C

Some great runs and results. Great work Cecil, Roth R,  Flarunner, and KenC and way to put in a great effort despite the injury, Ileneforward.

Good work everyone! Looks like March is off to a pretty good start.

J-L-C

3/24- JLC - Masan 10k - Masan, Korea - <34:30

I'm gonna take another run at my previous goal of 34:30. Might be one of those, "keep bashing myself 'til I get it" things.

But this race is a pancake flat out and back and only 3 miles from my house. And even better than that is the Krispy Kreme store located another mile or so down the road. The call of the warm glazed recovery donut should do wonders for my closing kick. Smile

#artbydmcbride

Krispy Kreme in Korea!?   All of my naive assumptions of the exotic Orient are reeling!

Runners run

kcam

Krispy Kreme in Korea!?   All of my naive assumptions of the exotic Orient are reeling!

Exactly what I was thinking!  I've been to China many times and have never seen a Krispy Kreme place.  I just can't imagine.  Cool.

Good luck J-L-C, is there any local flavour twists on krispy kremes?  I can imagine a kimchi crème filling - ymmmm Tight lips

flarunner

3/17  flarunner   Sarasota Half Marathon   Sarasota, FL   will know better after half in Feb.

OK, I'm going to try this again. <1:42

kcam

Good luck J-L-C, is there any local flavour twists on krispy kremes?  I can imagine a kimchi crème filling - ymmmm Tight lips

True story:  There's (actually WAS) a little donut shop around the corner from our house that my wife and I would walk to on weekend mornings and get a donut and coffee.  The only reason we went was because we really liked the owners who were a young Thai couple.  Very, very friendly and we wanted to support their business.  Anyway, a few years they sold their little shop to a Korean owner who kept the donuts but changed the business to mostly heavy, native Korean foods including barbecue.  Who goes to a Korean barbecue and expects donuts?!  We still went there for a donut but the new owners were not friendly at all.  Game over.  We never went back and it's still there.  We refer to the place, derisively, as "Kimchi Donut" now!

C-R

Indy Mini training series 10k this morning. 41:20 with first 5k in 19:57. Just couldn't hang on. Legs lacked strength with the last 1.5 into a stuff breeze. Not what I wanted but its a good start to work on improving.

MTA: and the dude that won the race ran barefoot. 34 flat is what I think I heard at the water table. Barefoot! Seriously?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Indy Mini training series 10k this morning. 41:20 with first 5k in 19:57. Just couldn't hang on. Legs lacked strength with the last 1.5 into a stuff breeze. Not what I wanted but its a good start to work on improving.

MTA: and the dude that won the race ran barefoot. 34 flat is what I think I heard at the water table. Barefoot! Seriously?

Too damn bad I was too injured to show and prove that shoes are better.  Big grin

Impressive.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

Last minute addition, River City 50k, Folsom, CA, 3/10 (tomorrow), I'm thinking 4:20ish.

Hamstring is still shot -- I can't do my speedwork for Boston. So I'm switching to run-whatever-the-hell-I want mode. I seem to be able to do long stuff and hilly stuff, as long as it's on trails. This race is on paved bike paths, so not ideal; we'll see what happens. PR is 3:57, but this race is hillier.

Maybe a 12-hour in a couple weeks as well.

3/9 -- NaderAlfie -- Cupid's Chase 5k - Glen Rock, NJ - sub-19            

18:22, third place.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

kcam

Go Nads!

C-R

Thats bringing the lumbah. Nice

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/