3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Race Thread (Read 782 times)

Feeling the growl again

I opted for the half, this way I can skip the recovery and get onto some serious training. (wuss Wink Wink

Very smart choice, especially since they ended up closing the course and you would have been shut down.

So how hot was it?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Slo

Very smart choice, especially since they ended up closing the course and you would have been shut down.

So how hot was it?

Not hot enough to black flag it in my opinion...but what do I know?  I think it was around 85 deg at the time of closure.

There's some talk in the swamp about it. I didn't realize A1 was doing this race.

Feeling the growl again

I think it was around 85 deg at the time of closure.

Apparently Trent was too.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

1st time poster to the hurtlocker....

KerCanDo70 - May 19 - Ironman Texas, The Woodlands, TX - 12:30:00

The truth is that I'll be happy with a finish that's 2+ hours slower than that time.

(On May 20, I may change my profile to KerCanDo140)

KerCanDo140 (I recently had a name change):

My finish time was 12:31:17.  I was only 77 seconds slower than my stated goal time.

(for those that care to read my race report, see link)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

KerCanDo140 (I recently had a name change):

My finish time was 12:31:17.  I was only 77 seconds slower than my stated goal time.

Congrats on climbing your Everest Brian!  Good report and awesome job on completing the Ironman.

25th OA, 10th on the bike (in spite of getting slowed down at a couple of bottlenecks), 1st AG. Time: 49:53

I didn't have the day I wanted.  All three splits were slower than I'm capable, but glad it was good enough for the AG win.

Swim 5:23 (not sure but I think I must have fallen asleep on th swim); Bike 26:13 (22 mph); Run 15:05 (7:33 pace)

Lebanon, TN - Cedars of Lebanon Sprint Triathlon (200m swim/10 mi bike/2 mi run) - goal <48 min; win AG

Congrats, KCD140!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Decided to do the Plainfield Prime Time 5K at the last minute this morning. It was hot and I'm badly out of shape after not running for 2 months, so the time was a little disappointing. 27:48 and 4th AG, although I suspect there may have only been 4 in my age group Wink

It was a nice small race. There was no timing, but it was well organized and run completely on the Town of Plainfield Trail System.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Big time like Richard. Boooyah.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Decided to do the Plainfield Prime Time 5K at the last minute this morning. It was hot and I'm badly out of shape after not running for 2 months, so the time was a little disappointing. 27:48 and 4th AG, although I suspect there may have only been 4 in my age group Wink

It was a nice small race. There was no timing, but it was well organized and run completely on the Town of Plainfield Trail System.

Being back in the saddle is a win, and nothing like the cold hard numbers to spark the training bug again.

Feeling the growl again

5/26 -- spaniel -- Bad Axe Memorial Day 10K -- sub-33, 1OA, CR

This is my hometown race...the first road race I ever did was the 1-mile fun run there.  RD is my HS coach.  CR is low-33s somewhere, run 20+ years ago.  Last attempt I failed to break 34 but ran a 1:10-low HM the next weekend...can't do that now, but let's home my 10K speed is better.

34:43(ish), 1OA, nowhere near CR.

Felt fine, but still only got out in 5:23-5:28.  Don't trust the splits after that but suffice to say despite holding an effort that felt right I was just slowing down.  By the time I stitched up at 4 miles and had to really slow down for awhile (how does that happen off dry toast???) it was already a dog of a race.  Did push ~5:25 over the last mile once the stitch cleared though.

Weather and course were great.  Nice to catch up with people I have not raced in the better part of a decade.  Those who knew me and about what time I was going to run got a chuckle out of the guy who did not and tried to stay with me the first mile.  Smile

Next time we have a cool evening forecasted I'm tempted to do a time trial to figure out if it is that I run a LOT faster on the treadmill (comfortably did a 33:00 10K Monday on it after work) or if racing in the morning is really that much of a problem for me now.

C-R

Nice work Spaniel.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Glad that you got back out there!  

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Next time we have a cool evening forecasted I'm tempted to do a time trial to figure out if it is that I run a LOT faster on the treadmill (comfortably did a 33:00 10K Monday on it after work) or if racing in the morning is really that much of a problem for me now.

Guess you'll just have to sleep the day before and stay up all night so it's an "evening race" Big grin

Nice win.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

19:46

Blah