3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Racing Thread (Read 957 times)

Prince of Fatness

question. What kind of race shape do you think if (if you had to take a guess) Since it's so close to where I live maybe you could be my carrot????  

GDDMNT!  I really didn't want to put a time goal on this thing.  I am running without a watch so I have no idea how things are going to pan out.  Based on my last tempo run I think that I should be able to hold around a 7 minute pace for a 5K.  Sub 22 is a realistic goal, I think.

Not at it at all. 

GDDMNT!  I really didn't want to put a time goal on this thing.  I am running without a watch so I have no idea how things are going to pan out.  Based on my last tempo run I think that I should be able to hold around a 7 minute pace for a 5K.  Sub 22 is a realistic goal, I think.

No pressure. I'll be really sneaky, you won't even know I'm there k Wink I'll have to wear my "ninja" vibrams so you don't hear me running

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

No pressure. I'll be really sneaky, you won't even know I'm there k Wink I'll have to wear my "ninja" vibrams so you don't hear me running

I haven't signed up yet, but I will be.  I was waiting to see how the leg will hold up.  This is one of those arthritis runs and my mother in law passed away from RA, so a lot of my wife's family will be there walking.  I've been getting yelled at for not signing up.

It's been a while ... would be nice to visit with you again.

Not at it at all. 

I haven't signed up yet, but I will be.  I was waiting to see how the leg will hold up.  This is one of those arthritis runs and my mother in law passed away from RA, so a lot of my wife's family will be there walking.  I've been getting yelled at for not signing up.

my daughter is dealing with arthritis which makes me really want to run it. She's in physical therapy now  and we are hoping that between that and the meds that she'll be able to start running. After her last session she said to me" maybe by spring I can be able to run during our family "runs" (Ken, Frankie and I would run and she'd bike)

Yes it has been and yes it would be nice to visit with you!  Chasing after you and PRing would be nice too

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Sorry to hear your MIL passed away from RA Sad 

Rockenmamaof5 - 12/3 -- Jingle Bell Run, Bethlehem, PA  goal/ Go out fast and hang on!

CliveF -- 12/3 -- Huntersville Holiday 5k -- (a) sub-20; (b) sub-20:30; (c) Thunder-esque implosion.

Thanks again for doing these threads, spaniel!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

CliveF -- 12/3 -- Huntersville Holiday 5k -- (a) sub-20; (b) sub-20:30; (c) Thunder-esque implosion.

Thanks again for doing these threads, spaniel!

No problem, glad I finally found time to catch them up.

I'm holding you to the sub-20, BTW.  Spaniel says "run with the big dogs or stay under the porch..."

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

Oh, I thought I did this already. I'm gonna be a DNS at CIM. Yeah, pulled out this year. I'm sure they will invite me back next year.

I'm touching your pants.

Ostrich runner

If I had any damn sense, I'd DNS Tecumseh. The cramming hasn't happened...baby, virus, 91 y/o grandparents in town, living in two cities, weather, blah, blah, blah. I need the day off to decompress. What decompresses like a night catching a buzz in Bloomington and running a winter marathon? 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

If I had any damn sense, 

Lucky for you, there is a shortage of that around here.

Just call it a good training opportunity.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Date: 12/03
                          Distance: 5K
                          Event: Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis
                          City: Bethlehem, PA
                          Goal: Race it and see what happens.  No watch.

21:26.  I'll take it.  It was almost perfect running weather.  Upper 30's, light wind, sunny.  There are a couple hills on the course but not too difficult.  I didn't use a watch and was worried how I would pace it.  I really did well with this, as I felt just a slight urge to puke at the end.  I felt like I could hold on, but couldn't pick it up.  Perfect.

I'm at least 10 pounds over weight and hadn't raced in 8 months, so to be less than 90 seconds off my 5K PR is encouraging.

Onward.

MTA:  Got to hang out with rockenmama, too.  Nice seeing you, Pam.

Not at it at all. 

21:26.  I'll take it.  It was almost perfect running weather.  Upper 30's, light wind, sunny.  There are a couple hills on the course but not too difficult.  I didn't use a watch and was worried how I would pace it.  I really did well with this, as I felt just a slight urge to puke at the end.  I felt like I could hold on, but couldn't pick it up.  Perfect.

I'm at least 10 pounds over weight and hadn't raced in 8 months, so to be less than 90 seconds off my 5K PR is encouraging.

Onward.

Nice to see you back racing.  I remember we broke 20 mins around the same time last year and things went downhill for you after that. For a first race in 8 months you must be stoked to pace it so well. Congrats, keep at it.

L Train

Nice job Finn. 

Feeling the growl again

Onward.

That's a hell of a return to racing.  Well done!