3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Racing Thread (Read 957 times)

Feeling the growl again

What are your thoughts on night running? We can leave from Triton brewery and come back to beer and food.

I'd love to be in on this, however I don't know how much opportunity and freedom I'll have in coming weekends.  Doesn't look good. Perhaps between Christmas and New Year's...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Weekends are essentially out for me. I'm talking weekdays.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Weekends are essentially out for me. I'm talking weekdays.

I don't work between Christmas and New Year's, and my in-laws will be here to watch over the very-pregnant wife, so that would work just fine.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

+1 

I don't work between Christmas and New Year's

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

Of course, I will probably be in Lexington then. Next up: probably carpal tunnel surgeries for the wife. That would bring the two year total to two hips, one knee, one dental implant, one c section, and soon two carpal tunnel and one ulnar nerve decompression. 

C-R

Of course, I will probably be in Lexington then. Next up: probably carpal tunnel surgeries for the wife. That would bring the two year total to two hips, one knee, one dental implant, one c section, and soon two carpal tunnel and one ulnar nerve decompression. 

Damn. All the best.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Damn dude.  You mentioned something high level before but...dang.  Sincere hopes that everything goes well for her.

Keep the card for that hip/knee surgeon, C-R and I may need him when December is over.

Ostrich runner

Thanks guys. Anyone who ever tells you being a distance runner hasn't practical application is full of it.

Damn. All the best.

+100

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

Damn. All the best.

Seriously, cripes, +1.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

BTW thanks for the props.  I felt a little like a runner yesterday.  I've sometimes wondered why the hell I've kept at it.  I guess that's why.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice job out there everyone.

MrP, does that mean your injury has healed up?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Ouch. Your wife has had all of these surgeries? Hope she has a much better 2012.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ouch. Your wife has had all of these surgeries? Hope she has a much better 2012.

+1! 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

5:28. Drinking at mile 21 bad idea.

I loved having this beer!!  To me it was a big morale lifter!!

I loved everything about the Tecumseh Trail Marathon.  I finished 4:53 and some change.  This was my first ever marathon and had a blast!!!  Don't get me wrong, the hills were nothing to laugh about, but by the time I got to the top of some of them, I was laughing...

I met a couple cool people here and traveled with another.. I can't wait to do it again, SOON!!!