3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Pfitzinger (Read 217 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I checked out a copy of Pfitzinger from library today, and have started reading it -- I may or may not get bored and forget about it, but maybe I'll learn something -- already, I think I've learned that I should run more at LT (1-hour race pace).

I distinctly remember spaniel's opinion on Lore; I hope his opinion of Pfitzinger is substantially higher.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm somewhat tempted to try to run a bunch tomorrow, before I learn too much and have to start improving my training.

This is when I wish I could press like.  (although I didn't like the like button when you could press like).

I've avoided reading books on training, but am getting the feeling I really ought to.  I have a nasty habit of knowing (or at least having a vague idea of) what I should be doing, but not doing any of it, makes me destined for punterdom, then contemplating "training" rather than "running", realising I don't know enough, and just choosing to keep on running (aided by my huge ability to avoid entering races and therefore avoid having real goals).  

Hope you enjoy the read and that anything you learn makes for enjoying the running and improvement, rather than it feeling like a chore to improve. 

Also interested to hear Spaniel's opinion.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Pfitzinger has my blessing.  Wink

Frankly, other than a few quacks like Noakes, most of them (Lydiard, Pfitz, Daniels, etc etc etc) aren't really saying anything that different from one another.  There are good nuggets in all of them.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I turned out to be too lazy to run three times today after all, but I did finish my 7th consecutive day of doing something fast every day.

Pretty sure that won't be what Pfitz recommends -- but none of them I'd say only two of them have been really hard workouts, and I've had fun with all of them.

Hawt and sexy

I like Pfitz. And, um, the kitty in the bucket is odd. Is he trying to catch a walrus?

I'm touching your pants.