3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November Racing Thread (Read 716 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nice aggressive goal, relative to what you have done at your recent marathon, not what you can do (for me monkey is at least 20-30 min slower than a normal marathon, but I am a very poor hill runner).  

Yes, I have been thinking about those hills that I've heard about but not seen.  And you are probably correct.  

But I'm going to give it my best shotSmile

steph  

Yes, I have been thinking about those hills that I've heard about but not seen.  And you are probably correct.  

But I'm going to give it my best shotSmile

I second what happy said! GOOD LUCK!! I've ran the monkey (now not saying you won't be able too) and I'm a good hill runner though the year I ran it I was running with a friend who was doing her very first marathon. Even in my best shape I DOUBT I'd even think about 3:45 as a goal for the Monkey but that is just me. Hills don't scare me however  I've never RACED on hills, I tend to keep those for "fun" 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I second what happy said! GOOD LUCK!! I've ran the monkey (now not saying you won't be able too) and I'm a good hill runner though the year I ran it I was running with a friend who was doing her very first marathon. Even in my best shape I DOUBT I'd even think about 3:45 as a goal for the Monkey but that is just me. Hills don't scare me however  I've never RACED on hills, I tend to keep those for "fun" 

Well damn.  Once again I will have to re-consider.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

TeaOlive    11/18      26.2        HHFMM    Nashville, TN      3:45    

Would that be a marathon PR for you? If so, that would be pretty awesome to PR at Monkey!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Would that be a marathon PR for you? If so, that would be pretty awesome to PR at Monkey!

Recalculating...

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Guess I'll give this another go.

11/3 - Monumental Half Marathon, Indianapolis, IN : <2:00:00

1:56:26

It was great having C-R as a pacer. Made the early miles go by pretty quickly and kept me going the last couple of miles.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Well done WhoDat. We still didn't work out the Saints issues but I guess we need to leave something to solve for the next run.

That was fun.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Congratulations WhoDat.  Nice running!

Can any of us help on this Saints issue?  Or can it only be spoken about when running (or more specifically when running a huge PR)?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

C-R

Congratulations WhoDat.  Nice running!

Can any of us help on this Saints issue?  Or can it only be spoken about when running (or more specifically when running a huge PR)?

I really don't know Hop. The Saints have issues that are epic. I suppose you could attempt this outside of a run but it may be painful.

I'm a Colts fan so it really is an issue with the running game.

Now for you across the pond, I'm also a Villa fan and we finally got 3 points at the expense of Sunderland Perhaps we won't face relegation this season but who knows.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

It was great having C-R as a pacer. Made the early miles go by pretty quickly and kept me going the last couple of miles.

Congratulations, WhoDat!  Way to go!

steph  

CONGRATS Richard!!! 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I really don't know Hop. The Saints have issues that are epic. I suppose you could attempt this outside of a run but it may be painful.

I'm a Colts fan so it really is an issue with the running game.

Now for you across the pond, I'm also a Villa fan and we finally got 3 points at the expense of Sunderland Perhaps we won't face relegation this season but who knows.

I'd be a crap running partner as I know nothing about football (your kind) and very little about football (our kind).  I do know Villa wear claret and blue (in fact I'm wearing similar shades today) as do West Ham.  I think this is a bit like me trying to say what car someone drives by saying what colour it is.  

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Thanks everyone. I don't think the day could have gone any better. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't think one half marathon is nearly enough time to figure out what is wrong with the Saints. I also think many beers need to be involved in that discussion ;-)

Congrats, WDR!  Big PR.  Nothing like the peer pressure of having a friend along to keep you working that extra little bit.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau