3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November Racing Thread (Read 716 times)

Congrats, WDR!  Big PR. 

+1

Flatfooter    11/11      10 miles        Northwest trail run    Crystal Lake,IL      <1:07 or top 3.

This may sound strange, but it is my first trail run that is less than a 50K.  So time goal is a little bit of a swag, but after running some of the course yesterday, it is definitely hilly single track with some technical features.  So I'm basically putting in my 10 mile PR + 25 seconds/mile.  This may still be aggressive but we will see.

NameDateDistanceRaceLocationGoalResult
         CliveF  11/18   na  HHFMM  Nashville, TN VOLUNTEER, meet RA'ers, drink beer  

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

CliveF  11/18   na  HHFMM  Nashville, TN VOLUNTEER, meet RA'ers, drink beer  

I'm with Clive. That sounds like a much smarter way to do Monkey.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive     11/10     13.1     Soldier Half Marathon     Columbus, Ga.      Finish - slowly.  

If feeling frisky maybe throw in a garmin 5 or 10k  somewhere in the middle.     

Honestly, the way that I've felt the last few days it's not going to matter one or the other.Dead

steph  

C-R

Run strong Tea. It's for the one's in uniform.

I added a race today. USATF Indiana Masters XC Championships. Carmel IN 5k. Goal - sub 25 (but who the hell knows in my condition - fat and out of shape).

Hey it's a 9am on the course one block from the house and $10. Seems embarrassing not to run as a USATF member. Plus we can still make the 1pm soccer match.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I prepaid for the full DINO series and the last one is tomorrow. It's an hour and a half drive and was thinking I would skip it since I'm not really recovered enough to race a 15K trail race. But, since it's already paid for and the weather is supposed to be nice and the course is supposed to have some nice scenery I may go ahead and go and just jog it.

11/10 - DINO Trail Series 15K, Spencer, IN : Enjoy the scenery

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

22:47 for me. Beautiful day on the course. I think I finished 8th overall. Yeah it was a very small field so piss off and let me enjoy my moment in the sun.

Ok I'm good now. Back to my seat in the middle of the class.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Way to go C-R!

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I prepaid for the full DINO series and the last one is tomorrow. It's an hour and a half drive and was thinking I would skip it since I'm not really recovered enough to race a 15K trail race. But, since it's already paid for and the weather is supposed to be nice and the course is supposed to have some nice scenery I may go ahead and go and just jog it.

11/10 - DINO Trail Series 15K, Spencer, IN : Enjoy the scenery

Really tough course, but a beautiful park. Haven't seen my official time, but the Garmin says 1:49:39. I was happy to finish in under 2 hours.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good going CR and WhoDat!

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive     11/10     13.1     Soldier Half Marathon     Columbus, Ga.      Finish - slowly.  

If feeling frisky maybe throw in a garmin 5 or 10k  somewhere in the middle.     

Honestly, the way that I've felt the last few days it's not going to matter one or the other.Dead

Garmin said: 2:01.   Damn cold first couple of miles.  Thought that my hands would fall off.  Forgot my gloves.  

Didn't see any alligators!  

Ran faster in the middle and I was very glad that I wasn't running the full.

steph  

CliveF 11/10 26.2 Anthem Richmond Marathon Richmond VA 3:15  

Go big or go crash-n-burn.

3:18:38.  Kind of in between big and crash-n-burn, I guess.  PR by 20min!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I'm reasonably sure a 20 minute PR still counts as big. Real big.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm reasonably sure a 20 minute PR still counts as big. Real big.

+1

steph