3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1622 times)

Prince of Fatness

I had a few to catch up on but it should be up to date.  If I missed any please just repost and I will get them.  Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

. And yes, Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper chips are very yummy. Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper pretzels are also quite tasty.

+1 

just had these yesterday.  I was craving something salty and these hit the spot.

Feeling the growl again

Week 3 = 150.6  Undecided

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

obsessor

Can I just giggle at the fat people?

Yes. Please do. Heckling is welcome here.

So, I am the third fattest in this thread, and if I make my goal weight this month I will be... third fattest. Huh. That is laughable.

Feeling the growl again

I only laugh at people who don't try.

So, I am the third fattest in this thread, and if I make my goal weight this month I will be... third fattest. Huh. That is laughable.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I try not to limit myself like that.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

obsessor

I only laugh at people who don't try.

Funny, though. 5 years ago today, I was lighter than any of those numbers up there, save tea olive. And the fitness and race times followed. Or led. Whatever. Funny, because I thought, I wished I could be 139 and stay healthy, because maybe that would be faster.

Feeling the growl again

Funny, because I thought, I wished I could be 139 and stay healthy, because maybe that would be faster.

Well there is "too light", any time I get under 145 for more than a few weeks I end up over-trained.  Enough that it does not seem a coincidence.

But that has been many years....more than 5....

Hey now, just because DB and I are heavier, doesn't mean we are fatter. I don't see BF percentage listed anywhere on the chart......fattySmile

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

DoppleBock

Just stored up energy ... Yes I am fat.

I was 200-205 when I set my PRs - I have lost 15-20# of upper body muscle (On purpose - quit lifting weights) I should be able to weigh 180-185 and be at a similar body fat level.  Yet my GD body and mind seem stuck on a floor of 200#.  Every time I get a bit under weight loss grinds to a halt and I get really hungry.  Maybe it is because I have not been much under since 1988-89.

I know I have all these stored up potential PRs at 180-185# even at age 43 - I got get after it! 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Slo

165lbs   Beer, chips and pop tarts continue to be my demise.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Cherry pop tarts. Yum. 200 calories each Sad

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Slo

Cherry pop tarts. Yum. 200 calories each Sad

Funny...That's exactly what I was eating when I made that post.

I do awesome until the weekend hits, then I stuff my face and exercise very little, especially Sundays.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Just stored up energy ... Yes I am fat.

I was 200-205 when I set my PRs - I have lost 15-20# of upper body muscle (On purpose - quit lifting weights) I should be able to weigh 180-185 and be at a similar body fat level.  Yet my GD body and mind seem stuck on a floor of 200#.  Every time I get a bit under weight loss grinds to a halt and I get really hungry.  Maybe it is because I have not been much under since 1988-89.

I know I have all these stored up potential PRs at 180-185# even at age 43 - I got get after it! 

I believe in the idea that our bodies have set points in which it tries to keep itself. As I gained weight, it seemed I could eat whatever I wanted, exercise very little and I could hoover at a certain weight for awhile. Then it seemed 5-10 pounds would go on overnight and stay that way again for a long time. As I started to lose weight, it came off very slowly, then all of a sudden I'd drop alot quickly, then it was stall out again right around the weight I had where it seemed to stay when I was gaining. One of the set points for me was 200-205 and guess where I am right now?

I also feel that about 175-180 would be a great racing weight for me with lots of PR's and hopefully a few podiums thrown in there.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life