3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August Weight Loss Challenge (Read 1622 times)

Slo

Thanks to Slo for the heads up on this one... I was bitching about gaining too much weight since the beginning of May. After some email exchanges between Slo and myself, I have made a mindful decision to become badass and quit being a fatass. So this challenge came at the right time!!! This morning I weighed 184... I have a goal to get to 174.

Hey,

Check out Spaniels Tag Line...remember that?..LOL

BTW...Welcome back. Get to work on your log. (and I need to heed my own advice)

Hey,

Check out Spaniels Tag Line...remember that?..LOL

BTW...Welcome back. Get to work on your log. (and I need to heed my own advice)

I was reading old emails a few days ago and came across that one. And its my mantra when fit hits the shan...

Feeling the growl again

Sitting here in the airport cellphone lot I see a guy wearing a short that reminds me of this thread. "sweat is just your fat crying." Of course the dude is also puffing away on a cancer stick.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Late check but it's 182. Going in the proper direction.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

8/02 weigh in = 205.5

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

This week hasn't gone well.  One pound up from last week -- 126.  Must get control!

steph  

Prince of Fatness

176.5 this morning, down 3 from last week.  Last week I had gone up 1 and thought that it was sort of an anomaly, retaining water or whatever, so I am not as excited about the down 3 this week as being down 2 overall.  Trending the right way.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

8/2 Weigh In = 169.2

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

DoppleBock

Actually you can change my week #1 to 200 and Week #2 to 207

GD beer!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

This week hasn't gone well.  One pound up from last week -- 126.  Must get control!

Oof.

I'm going to check before I run today.  The food intake hasn't been the best lately, though -- I discovered dark chocolate-covered almonds in the bulk-food aisle at Earth Fare -- so I'm not optimistic.

BTW, I'm not a big candy eater, but they are OMG-yummy.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

GD beer!

I think that's the problem for a lot of us.  The low cal stuff is like water and what's point of hydrating with that?

No set goals for me but thinking of this thread has made me check a little bit more...  Still tetering around the original 156.x.  Some days up to 158 but mostly 156.x in the morning.  I need to get back to running more.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

People brought donuts today. Dangit. I ate 3 Sad

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Now I don't feel bad for the 120cal of popcorn I broke down and am eating...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

LOL - We must be related ~ specially if you clean up the rest this afternoon! 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !