3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2013 First Quarter Weight Loss Thread (Read 504 times)

Feeling the growl again

I'm doing the same thing and I think its working.  Instead of being surprised by a two or three pound gain, I can keep on top of things with a morning weigh in.  Are you tracking you weight here on RA? I've always just leave the weight at the default, but I'm thinking of changing that.

You know I hadn't even thought of tracking it here.  For now I just took a piece of graph paper and labeled the Y axis for weight and X for date.  Simple and quick to update.  The current sheet will take me through Feb 27th.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Time to rejoin

1/7 220#

Goal weight - Damn it, I don't know ... less than 220#

I guess goal weight = 185 (I hate myself for setting unrealistic goals already)

I started lifting weights again - So that will work against me.  I want to turn back the clock to 2004 ~ I ran a lot less, ran hard more often and spent a lot of time doing other sports.  Except that from years of weight lifitng I was pretty ripped at 205,  now as a weak old man I will have to weight 185 to match the body fat of the year 2004.

I am hungry already

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

PS

I am going to post the average weight of the week - taken when I 1st roll out of bed each morning ... after the morning pee of course.

Prince of Fatness

Somehow I lost 1.4 lbs yesterday by drinking beer and eating wings with C-R and WhoDat.

Good beer at that from what I have heard.  I have given thought to weighing myself more often than once a week.  I am just not sure that it will change my behavior.  If I am not getting anywhere a couple of weeks from now I will reconsider.

Not at it at all. 

Dangit, weigh in this morning (post morning pee) was 162.  I guess I'm drinking the wrong kind of beer?  (I suspect the real culprit was the huge burrito and chips I had for dinner last night)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

This whole weight loss thing is getting on my last nerve.  Ran 75 miles last week.

Started the week at 130 and ended it at 130.  Climbed to 132 in between.

I partly blame that on water weight caused by salty pizza.

Whatever, I really need to reel in the calories consumed.

FWIW I have always weighed my self daily.  I can't stand to wait a week for results.

steph  

bhearn

Individual weight measurements are so noisy, the only thing that makes sense to me is weighing every day and tracking a trend (today's trend = 10% of today's weight + 90% of yesterday's trend).

That said, I wasn't weighing myself over the holidays, and I gave my starting weight here as a noisy value based on insufficient data. Looks like it should be 170, not 169. Ah well. Don't expect any progress from me this week!

Feeling the growl again

Individual weight measurements are so noisy, the only thing that makes sense to me is weighing every day and tracking a trend (today's trend = 10% of today's weight + 90% of yesterday's trend).

It can be noisy, but the point is not to have accurate data but to screw with my own head.  It doesn't matter if I go up a lb in 24 hours due to water weight, too much beer, etc....I will get pissed and stay pissed until I am back below my lowest weight again.  And since this happens every day and not just once per week, this personally works better for me.  The last two times I have had to go from mid-150s to racing weight this is what worked.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

Indeed, it screws with your head. The dynamics of your weigh + screw with head system seem to be favorable. But for many people, this is why weight loss fails. It's too easy to convince yourself that it's all too complicated and hopeless when you think you were good and your weight is up two pounds. It certainly thwarted me many times before I got systematic.

DoppleBock

A 1st thing in the morning daily average seems to make more sense to me than weighing after my weekend long run that I am dehydrated in

No one day means that much by iteself ... sure a trend would make sense, but a 7 day average allows me to ignore spikes.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Good beer at that from what I have heard. 

Some very good beer. Even an excellent sample from the Potato Head Brewery.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I like to use the weight tracking tool on The Hacker's Diet website. It does the weighted rolling average and graphs the trend for you. I don't use any of the other tools on the website, but have the weight tracker bookmarked and try to keep up with it daily.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Jot me down at two hundred and four freaken pounds. Goal weight 187 lbs. Fantasy weight of 180.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I am in.

Start weight: 182.8

Goal weight: 175

flarunner

OK, I've waffled about this challenge enough.

Start weight: 121.4 on 1/1/2013

Monday's weight: 117.6

Goal weight: 110.0