3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

The beginning of the end (Read 41 times)

Feeling the growl again

Kenya wants to go RnR.

Five years to fuel belts and medals for all.  If there was a way to make the US competitive on the world level again, this is it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Heh. Let's hope.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

The strategy also aims to get the Kenyan public excited about local athletics events.

Two words: Foam Fest!

Feeling the growl again

Two words: Foam Fest!

They could also try working on the abject poverty, hunger and local violence.  Might give people more time to think about things that aren't important in the grand scheme of things.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

They could also try working on the abject poverty, hunger and local violence.  Might give people more time to think about things that aren't important in the grand scheme of things.

Exactly, I didn't think the average Kenyan had 50+ dollars to drop for a "foam fest".  Conversely, if US runners were paid $25 million in contracts, the US might have a better chance at being a world leader in distance running.

Exactly, I didn't think the average Kenyan had 50+ dollars to drop for a "foam fest".  

Perhaps they can start with a color run instead. Shouldn't cost much more than a month's wages to register.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Maybe they could do a cheaper, black and white run, to start with

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.