3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January 2013 Racing Thread (Read 514 times)

Thanks, guys.

Ken, I am not sure what the surface of the track is. It's a new facility.

Via google: it's a relatively new (2009) Beynon track - same company used at Hayward field...I'm guessing it's really nice and fast. Should be awesome.

Running on a new synthetic track is like night and day vs. your typical high school rubberized track. We have a Mondo in Litchfield (thank you anonymous donor!!!!) that I ran my mile PR race on last summer. It's super fast.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

Via google: it's a relatively new (2009) Beynon track - same company used at Hayward field...I'm guessing it's really nice and fast. Should be awesome.

Running on a new synthetic track is like night and day vs. your typical high school rubberized track. We have a Mondo in Litchfield (thank you anonymous donor!!!!) that I ran my mile PR race on last summer. It's super fast.

Now get yourself on a banked track and you will really be wowed!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ha! Just being on a track will be electrifying.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

flarunner

I'm doing the St. Pete Beach Half Marathon on 1/20. My goal is to run fast.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive    1/19     Dog  Gone Cold 5K   Augusta, Ga.    <24:00    

And yes X,  I know that it isn't really cold.

Fail.  Garmin time:  24:30.   1AG

steph  

Kalsarikännit

I debated throwing this in, but why the heck not?

WG 1/20 Daniel Burnham Open XC 4k

This will be a lame non-goal type goal (because I can never guess what I should run for XC).  All my training in the past few months has gone into running 130+ miles, so I have zero speed. My goal is to just find the weakest member in the herd of high school boys, hunt him down like a lion hunts a gazelle, and watch the panicked look on his face after I take him down.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a great goal. I was hunting down HS boys during my race this morning.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Makes me wish I was the weakest member of the HS boys.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

kcam

dude - that just don't sound right.  BTW, nice freaking week and it aint over yet.  What are you running tomorrow?

In my mile this afternoon I was in the slow heat so I had a bunch of HS girls chasing me down ... all I cared about was making sure none of 'em passed me.  Success.  I'm guessing they are not in shape yet because it was a pretty slow mile.

Feeling the growl again

I'm fearing the way one finally gets me.  So far, I think I'm good...perhaps subconsciously that's why I avoid 5Ks.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

Oddly my race team's kick off party is tonight, and I'm still out.  (Bad WG)  Funny way to kick off the season. Our little low key team is putting on a half mary next weekend.  Chica who arrainges stuff called Tera Moody. "You want in?"  "Yes".  And that's one more place I'm falling. Big grin

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

J-L-C

Goseong 5k Race. Goal: <16:49 (PR)

Having a brutal winter here in S. Korea. Ice and white stuff everywhere. Definitely a hurtlocker situation for me to train in as I'm most unaccustomed to such weather malarkey. This race will hopefully be a good indication that it's paying off.

Had my race today and I am very happy to report that I ran a 16;48. Can't get much closer to the goal than that! I got third place as well. Very happy, especially seeing as how I'm 3 kgs overweight, ran my highest km week ever last week and this week will be my second highest ever.

Splits were  (3:19, 3:23, 3:23, 3:23, 3:20). Nailed it! Big grin

Wow. Nice run.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats J-Lee-C!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Had my race today and I am very happy to report that I ran a 16;48. Can't get much closer to the goal than that! I got third place as well. Very happy, especially seeing as how I'm 3 kgs overweight, ran my highest km week ever last week and this week will be my second highest ever.

Good going J-Lee!

steph