3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I met Spaniel! (Read 70 times)

#artbydmcbride

..in the flesh!  And his lovely wife!   Smile   What a nice experience.   And he is more handsome than I even expected.

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

And I expected him to be handsome!  Cool

Runners run

kcam

..in the flesh!  And his lovely wife!   Smile   What a nice experience.   And he is more handsome than I even expected.

I bet he was totally dreamy!  I'm next on the 2013 Spaniel Family West Coast RA tour.  I just hope he doesn't out-sprint me when the Mountain Lion attacks.  Out-sprinting spaniel?  I better bring my folding knife!

C-R

I better bring my folding knife!

Bringing a knife to a gun fight?

These IRL meet ups are pretty cool.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

#artbydmcbride

I bet he was totally dreamy!  

He was totally dreamy!  And I really loved his wife!

He wouldn't run with me though.....Big grin

Runners run

kcam

Need a 3.5-inch folding knife for trail running and hiking

two or three posts down.  I definitely would have my work cut out for me - either outsprinting spaniel and Parklife or defending myself  from a Mtn Lion with a 3.5-inch folding knife!  I've been doing some sprint repeats lately .....Wink

Feeling the growl again

was going to write you a note when I am not posting from my phone.  it was so nice to meet you and your husband as well, we had a most excellent time.  I am glad your husband could join us, he is a very persobable guy.  so nice to get some adult time away from the kids the night before taking the disneyland grenade.

:-)

glad we were not too boring so low on sleep.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Smile   What a nice experience.  

You thought that was nice experience.  You should try the beer mile at Spaniel Farms!  Heck, he might even have some of megatron still lying around waiting to be grilled.

Feeling the growl again

Megatron is likely to make a return appearance (on the grill).  are you going to be there for it?

You thought that was nice experience.  You should try the beer mile at Spaniel Farms!  Heck, he might even have some of megatron still lying around waiting to be grilled.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Megatron is likely to make a return appearance (on the grill).  are you going to be there for it?

Wish I were but unfortunately no.  We're off to Michigan from July 13-21.  Camping up at Sleeping Bear Dunes and at Wilderness State Park.  July 27 is the wife's family reunion up in Milwaukee.  It's either going to be that or a trip to Iowa to see my family as we are running out of weekend summers.

C-R

Wish I were but unfortunately no.  We're off to Michigan from July 13-21.  Camping up at Sleeping Bear Dunes and at Wilderness State Park.  July 27 is the wife's family reunion up in Milwaukee.  It's either going to be that or a trip to Iowa to see my family as we are running out of weekend summers.

Hanging out with family or running a beer mile with a bunch of internet goofs. Seems like an obvious choice.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

sounds like a good time, enjoy!

kcam

I could almost get in a mbehr sighting that weekend.  I'm running the Great Lakes Relay race that same weekend which ends up on the beach 7/21 at Empire - not so far from Sleeping Bear Dunes.  I'll be with a bunch of people and limited vehicles so wouldn't be able to get away.  Bummer.

Feeling the growl again

I could almost get in a mbehr sighting that weekend.  I'm running the Great Lakes Relay race that same weekend which ends up on the beach 7/21 at Empire - not so far from Sleeping Bear Dunes.  I'll be with a bunch of people and limited vehicles so wouldn't be able to get away.  Bummer.

I know a lot of people who do that, but have never been.

Feeling the growl again

Except for the return flight, my west coast tour is complete.  Thismorning I enjoyed a 10.x miler with kencamet and Parklife under the coastal redwoods.  Three RAers in one trip, that beats everything except the meetup after Boston 2011.  I continue to be impressed with the quality of people I meet on here.  As long as I don't hit up Redbird while in Chicago I expect that trend to continue.

Now I am nursing my blown quads (hilliest two days of running in 15 years) and finishing off my six pack of Oskar Blues Old Chub.  Too bad I can't fly it back, perfect beer mile cans.