3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July Racing Thread (Read 619 times)

Kalsarikännit

10:37 is my PR.

Of course, I'd like to be faster and chick as many of you boys as possible.  Big grin

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

10:37 is my PR.

Of course, I'd like to be faster and chick as many of you boys as possible.  Big grin

Someone coming in with a beer mile PR.... Likey likey....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

aside from being faster than WhoDat...

Be nice now or I'll have to tackle you when you lap me. I hear that's a valid race tactic. Joking

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

This is probably not nearly as entertaining as tackling WG during a beer mile (yeah, who am I kidding, there's no probably about it.) but anyway...

Me

7/7

Run For the Gym 5k

19:00

2 year old PR (from same race) is 19:27, haven't been close since.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

DoppleBock

Ultra-beer mile

1 beer after each mile before starting the next

How many miles can you do in 24 hours?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Damnit. I pick a good week to start running a stupid challenge and have dead legs all month.

Although you chicked me at HUFF and worked out pretty well based on the beer consumed and stories told over soup. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Carmel Freedom Fest 4.5 miler this morning in 34:07. FAIL. It wat very very hot but being fat and out of shape had more to do with it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive --  7/4 -- Peachtree Road Race -- <50:00  (under 55:55 will be PR on this course)

I didn't make the <50 but did get a course PR by 3+ minutes.  I think that it was a little less hot this year.  Garmin time: 52:47.

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Once again, WhoDat was the instigator and C-R the supporting bad influence....

spaniel -- 7/4 -- CarmelFest 4.5-mile -- 24:45

Wow, was that miserable.  Outside of the beer mile, no racing until fall for me.

24:57, 4OA.  If I had been more tactical I may have pulled off 2nd but I tried to run away from them early and that left me with no drive up the last hill.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

7/4           CarmelFest Freedom Run Carmel IN              4.5mi  40:30

Big fail. 46:31. Pretty much a complete meltdown after the first mile.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Me

7/7

Run For the Gym 5k

19:00

2 year old PR (from same race) is 19:27, haven't been close since.

Failure. 1'st mile was good, just like I planned it. Then it all fell apart. 19:36 I think. Fuck.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

That's quite a gutsy stab for a first 50 miler Smile NICE

MTA: after checking out last year results VERY GUTSY stab in the dark! GOOD LUCK Steph!

Yes.  I have re-evaluated a few things...

I'm going for 12 hours.  Hopefully more reasonable!  If not - - the cut off is 14 Wink

MTA:   And am getting a bit worried.

steph  

July 18th- Torchlight 5k- PR ?

baha...it's gonna be like 5000 degrees since it's a 7:30 pm race

BurntToast -- 7/14  Graniteman Triathlon - Clear Water MN. (S=0.46mi, B=15mi, R=3.1 mi)  < 1:28:00, Top 10 M44-49

Not sure if this was a success or a failure. I'm leaning towards failure. My overall time was 1:28:14 which was over my goal time. I finished 10th of 30 in the 40-44 male devision so I made that part of the goal.

I had a great swim. There was a bit of a run out of the water that made the swim portion 0.49 miles and I crossed the mat in 12:39 which was well ahead of my goal time. I ended up 3rd of 30 in my AG, 31st of 193 males and 45th of 316 total racers.

Bike portion of okay but nothing great. The actual distance was 15.3 and I finished in  0:42:39. I was 8th in my AG, 46th male and 56th overall.

The run was were I find that I failed and failed miserably. The run was very short at 2.85 miles. It was hot and humid so theres that, but I ended up walking about 8 times. The only bright spot on my run, was at the 2.25 mile mark, A guy in my AG passed me up and I noticed his start wave number on his calf so I tucked in behind him. When we got down to the finish shoot, I kicked it in, passed him up and he couldn't respond. I ended up 23rd in my AG, 158th male and 237 overall on the run.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive --  7/4 -- Peachtree Road Race -- <50:00  (under 55:55 will be PR on this course)

-- 7/21 -- Cremator 50 Mile -- Beaufort SC -- Taking a stab in the dark here:  <10

Yes, neither 10 nor 12 hours was correctSmile !

13:28:00.   Last OA.  I actually ran 52.42 miles due to missing a turn towards the end.   Ran the first 25 a little too fast.  

The second 25 miles was much hotter than the first 25 requiring stops every two miles for water refills and ice for bandana.

Temps in the low 90's by afternoon.  But it was fun and I'm glad to have finished.  

Thanks every one for your advice!  Especially DB, Pam and Wriggly Girl.  And WG you were so right about the Ice in the

bandana!  I think for sure that I wouldn't have made it without it!

steph