3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Hurtlocker Monthly Mileage Challenge - 2014 (Read 65 times)

Took me a whole 9 months to get back up to 150 mile month. Taking it easy when injured leads down a path of gluttony and sloth.  Also fear of the monkeys kicked me out the door a few times.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The monkeys are going to kick my ass.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Another month in the books...

Oct - 276

I might as well call the month as running will not be happening today with kids home and Halloween stuff tonight.

Oct - 158

This might bring my point total to 7 and done,  Need to sign up for another scary marathon to get enough motivation to top this month's total.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Oct - 198.2

steph  

Feeling the growl again

October - 209.3

I thought I'd have trouble hitting more than about 270 with the taper but this was disappointing.  Most of it was travel-related.

Knock out this frozen excuse for a marathon, recover a week, and then time to stack up a couple big months to kick off Boston training.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

down to 220.6 for the month. I really can't complain though

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Just a dude.

122.3 for me in October.

Lots of things happened this month. It might end up being a good thing.

I've had a leg that's been bugging me for a while. Right where the hamstring meets my butt it has been stiff and painful when I run. Usually it warms up after a mile or two and isn't so bad. Often when I was sitting it felt like there was a ball under my leg.

Also, I won a race. One would think that was a good thing. For me, it wasn't. It really took a lot of motivation out.

The two combined to made it easy for me to take some time off. I took a week. Tried to run. Not much better. Took another week. Tried to run. After that, the rubber band kinda snapped and I didn't even really feel like running. Took most of a third week off. The leg is pretty much better, but the motivation isn't so great.

On top of that I've gained over 10 pounds.

I've discovered that running for me has been about beating people. Somehow proving I was the best. It's all about competition. Losing weight makes me faster. Running lots makes me faster. At a random race on a Saturday morning I was the best. Goal achieved at some level. It didn't make me feel happy or successful. I didn't even really feel relived. It was blah. So a part of my brain said why go through all of that work and effort for it.

I know at some level I am a runner. My body just works better when I run regularly. I need the exercise to help stave off the depression. Hopefully I can find enjoyment, and stop obsessing over workouts and numbers and times and stuff.

Oh well.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

pcaharrier

A personal best 244 for October for me. I know I won't top that in November, but maybe I can ramp up again in December enough to grab one last point.

Just a dude.

192.5 for me in November.

-Kelly

C-R

227 and change for me in November and I finally updated the front page.

Now on to December and the last shot at glory for 2014.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Yeah that 23.8 mile week in the middle did me. Well that's the excuse I'm using.

203.9 MEH

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

110.7 -  Ugh.

steph  

Just a dude.

196.3. Had to work hard at the end to make up for my crappy unmotivated middle of the month...

2353.2 miles for the year. Not the 2500 I wanted, but not bad.

-Kelly

pcaharrier

190.5 for me and inched over the 2,000 mark for the year for the first time ever.