3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

So to follow up, Doctor thought it was a stress fracture, so I got a bone scan.  Turns out it is Osteitis Pubis.  Basically an inflammation of the joint where the pubic bones meet. Time table is not firm like with a stress fracture which is annoying.  At least 6 weeks maybe more. It's not often you'd prefer to have a stress fracture. Alas.

I'll be back just not sure when.

Sorry to hear that Mark.  So what do you do to cure that?  If it's inflammation, can you do non-impact type stuff and take anti-inflammatories? 

Heal up!

Feeling the growl again

Sorry Mark.  I've never heard of that.   I wonder if that was what I was beginning to get a taste of as well....sounds like the right spot, roughly.  Actually I still feel it on seldom occasions.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Oh!  So sorry Mark.   I hope that you heal quickly.

steph  

So sorry to hear this Mark! Heal quickly!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wow, kmark, hope it responds well and you're back on your feet quickly.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

That's a tough one kmark. Heal up quickly.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Sorry to hear that Mark.  So what do you do to cure that?  If it's inflammation, can you do non-impact type stuff and take anti-inflammatories? 

Heal up!

The best part is i'm allergic to NSAIDS (ibuprofen etc...)...hilarious, I know.

I can do some other non-impact stuff but it's hard when you don't enjoy it all.  I run because I enjoy it first, because it's good for me second.

Prince of Fatness

That's a tough one kmark. Heal up quickly.

+1.  Let me add this.  Watch the layoff.  Very easy to get into bad habits.  I gained 15 pounds when I had to take 3 months off and I am still paying for it.

Not at it at all.