3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April Race Thread (Read 1077 times)

The King of Beasts

Post em if ya got em.

Tony P 4/1/12 - Alpha Delta Piathlon - 300 yd swim/10 mi bike/5k run Goal: 59 Done in 58:37

Nader 4/7 -8th Annual MK5K Goal of 18:15 Done in 18:44

MilkTruck 4/7 Race the Runways Half Goal 1:38:59 Done in 1:39 and got a PR

AMcNeice --- 4/13 - 4/14 ---Palmetto 200 - 3 Legs total Goal of 6:40 Pace Done @ 6:12 pace (was someone sandbagging??)

CR-- 4/16 ----  Boston 3:20 Done @ 1 million degrees farenheit

TonyP---4/18 somewhere, 2 mile race, goal <13 Done in 13:25

spaniel -- 4/21 -- Carmel Marathon -- <2:35, top 3OA Done in 2:39:30

CliveF -- 4/21 -- Tar Heel Ten-Miler (Durham NC) -- 1:11:00 Done in 1:12:20

Flatlander (AKA DB) 4/21 Carmel Marathon  < 3:00 drink beer with Spaniel and C-R Done in 2:56:07

CR--- 4/21 - Carmel HM, finish before DB Flatlander and spaniel finish their marathon Done in 1:38:37

TeaOlive--        4/21       SCRA 10k Warrior Run  Ft. Gordon, GA     <50:00  Done in 50:57

Nader---- 4/21 Jersey City, NJ Earth Day 5k Goal: 18:15 Done in 18:53

Candice S 4/28 - Get in Gear 10k goal: under 40

MandyS 4/28 - Rotorua Half Marathon - 1hr30

Rocken 4/29th NEF 5k Northfield NJ.  Goal is sub <21:58

Let me know if I screw up your race or some shit.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Feeling the growl again

spaniel -- 4/21 -- Carmel Marathon -- <2:35, top 3OA

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

CliveF -- 4/21 -- Tar Heel Ten-Miler (Durham NC) -- 1:11:00

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TripleBock

Flatlander (AKA DB) 4/21 Carmel Marathon  < 3:00 drink beer with Spaniel and C-R

spaniel -- 4/21 -- Carmel Marathon -- <2:35, top 3OA

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

C-R

Already. Damn.

4/16 - Boston 3:20

4/21 - Carmel HM, finish before DB Flatlander and spaniel finish their marathon

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

AMcNeice - 4/13 - 4/14

Palmetto 200 - 3 Legs total over less than 24 hours (team goal)

9.26, 8.54,  7.47 = 25.27

Goal = Average sub 6:40's and drink lots of beer when done. 

After two years of saying NO, I got suckered into it this year with the stipulation that I wouldn't be responsible for the most miles.  Guess who has by far the most miles?   This idiot. 

April 29th NEF 5k Northfield NJ.  Goal is sub <21:58

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

After two years of saying NO, I got suckered into it this year with the stipulation that I wouldn't be responsible for the most miles.  Guess who has by far the most miles?   This idiot. 

Heh I just got suckered into one of those. 24 hours in and out of what I'm sure will be a smelly van of some sort, during which it's highly unlikely I'll be able to sleep at all. Good times.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive        4/21       SCRA 10k Warrior Run  Ft. Gordon, GA         <50:00   

steph  

4/1/12 - Alpha Delta Piathlon - 300 yd swim/10 mi bike/5k run

Goal 59 min

If I don't feel like throwing up on the bike, I'm not pushing hard enough

The run will be what's left

58:37 - but I heard that the run was about 0.2 short from last year.  I don't have the splits yet, but by my watch, my swim was 20 sec faster for 300 METERS (not yards).  Before I was 0.5 miles into the bike leg I felt like throwing up, and rode the knife's edge for the rest of the bike and through the run. 

4/1/12 - Alpha Delta Piathlon - 300 yd swim/10 mi bike/5k run

Goal 59 min

If I don't feel like throwing up on the bike, I'm not pushing hard enough

The run will be what's left

MandyS - 4/28 - Rotorua Half Marathon - 1hr30 (even though there is exactly no hope of that!)

MandyS - 4/28 - Rotorua Half Marathon - 1hr30 (even though there is exactly no hope of that!)

Mandy!!

How goes it?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

8th Annual MK5K

Denville, N.J.

4/7

18:15

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

8th Annual MK5K

Denville, N.J.

4/7

18:15

Go for sub-18. You know you want to. Big grin

I'm so jealous of everyone right now. I really wish I were running.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.