3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Seriously!? (Read 360 times)

If I were to cross-train, I prefer elliptical over biking.  Now you get the best of both worlds.  I wonder if you can set this thing up on a bike trainer.

http://www.elliptigo.com/

Feeling the growl again

Without a seat at least your junk wouldn't go numb, I guess...other than that, seems kinda goofy and limited in practicality...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Holy crap. This is almost as good as the video I remember seeing where there was a treadmill you could use and drive down a street simultaneously.

Innovation takes some interesting turns.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Maybe it's helpful if you're all stress-fractured-up or in recovery from something that impact irritates...then at least you can get out, and do something that is apparently close to running (well, closer than cycling)...yeah you could use an elliptical in the gym, or an alter-g if you have access...oh, I don't know.  I don't even know why I'm trying to defend it.  Must be a mixture of cold and avoiding work.

I'm more interested in a treadmill you can drive down a street though.  That's a whole new level.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

In the building next to mine, there are unassigned work stations set up over treadmills.  You can do all your work while on the treadmill. 

Due to OSHA, I'm sure, they are capped at 2mph.  There's like 6 of them and while I rarely go over there I'm told it is hard to get one as they are popular.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Without a seat at least your junk wouldn't go numb, I guess...other than that, seems kinda goofy and limited in practicality...

wait -- I thought the best part of cycling was the post-ride pins and needles???

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

wait -- I thought the best part of cycling was the post-ride pins and needles???

Whatever does it for you.... Wink

Maybe they can get little baskets to put on the front of these then people could use them to commute to work. 

A Saucy Wench

In the building next to mine, there are unassigned work stations set up over treadmills.  You can do all your work while on the treadmill. 

Due to OSHA, I'm sure, they are capped at 2mph.  There's like 6 of them and while I rarely go over there I'm told it is hard to get one as they are popular.

I have a setup I use from time to time for my home treadmill & a laptop.  I've never done much above 2.5-3.0 on it because the setup isnt all that secure and I dont want to send my laptop crashing.   But if I am focusing on work I am usually more in the 1.0-1.5 range, much faster and I find the touchpad impossible to control and even a mouse gets wiggly.    It is REALLY nice on my back when I have a lot of computer work to do though. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7