3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Racing Flats (Read 1105 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's not too late. I accept belated birthday beer.

That's kind of you, supporting local industries like that and all.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

It's not too late. I accept belated birthday beer.

Then you can have it...

...right after you help me drag one heavy ass treadmill upstairs and another downstairs.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Too fat to wear flats

Used to wear Asics Magic Racers (2005) They still have a fewe races in them if I ever weigh < 200 pounds and want to run a 5k-10k.  I wore them for a few marathons - But I really think they were counter productive for me in the marathon.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I thought of this thread last SAT at my 10-mile race.  Until I got the Adidas Rockets last Thanksgiving, my "racing flats" have been New Balance 903s.  Yeah, technically they're lightweight trainers, but they're really light compared to the New Balance 1012s I was wearing at the time (9.7oz v. 14.9oz).

Warmed up, reached for the 903s ... and realized the 890s I already had on were actually lighter!  OK then.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Now that's a nice weapon. Perfect for hunting treadmills.

I'm sure it will have a hand in putting one down. 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Pearl Izumi Streak 2's / Asics Gel Fuji Racers:  Both too narrow.  I just have fat feet.  

I'll keep looking but I'll be wearing the old Hyperspeed 4's  for my marathon coming up in a few weeks.

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Okay FWIW:   I tried the Pearl Izumi Streak 2's again -- locally.   Sized up half size.  

They are still somewhat narrow but I'm desperate.   The forefoot does feel nice cushion wise.  

steph  

Ostrich runner

Have you tried men's shoes? 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

C-R

I have a pair of Mana 5 women's that I use so the reverse would be worth a try.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Tea, have you tried the Brooks PureFlow? Maybe a little more shoe than you're looking for, but it has a decent size toe box and they should be pretty easy to find locally to try on.

I just bought a pair this weekend. I can't help myself, plus I had a gift certificate to Dick's Sporting Goods that was about to expire.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

beef,  Other than the Hyperspeeds no.    I have looked at the men's locally but the local shops don't carry men's

in small enough sizes.  

ra,  I acctually got a pair of Pure Flows on Saturday at Fleet Feet.  Today I traded them for the Streak II's --plus 5 dollars Smile

steph  

Ostrich runner

I have a pair of Mana 5 women's that I use so the reverse would be worth a try.

Ha, twinkle toes.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

until recently in order to get flats you had to buy men's. In fact my ALL of the flats I've ever bought were  men's 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

FWIW:    I used my New Balance 730 <=> for today's marathon.  They worked out better than the Hyperspeeds that I wore

for my last and only other marathon.  I think because they are a little wider.  The sole is about the same thickness.  

The ball of my foot never felt sore/achy as it did with the Asics in the last few miles of the last race.  

Maybe Fleet feet will take the Pearl Izumo Streak II's back or trade in as they also are not for me Roll eyes 

steph