3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August 2013 Racing Thread (Read 46 times)

I'll take on one of these. You all know what to do and how to do it.  Updates posted on Thursday & Sunday.

Date Runner Race / Event Dist Where is it Goal Result Notes
    8/3 xhristopher  Beach to Beacon 10K  Cape Elizabeth, ME  <38:00  38:04  Couldn't hit race mode switch. 186OA!
    8/3 kencamet Mile on the Track 1 mi Saratoga, CA <5:24  5:35.3 Oddly wet track. Lead wire-to-wire.
    8/3 WhoDatRunner Eagle Creek Trail HM 13.1m Indianapolis, IN <2:20 2:39 Tough course: wet, muddy. Fun.
    8/4 Greg C High Street Mile 1 mi Newburyport, MA <5:30  5:31.8 Not as miserable as expected.
    8/8 kencamet LGAC Meet 1500m Los Gator, CA <5:00    To heck with the short stuff
    817 CliveF News & Sentinel Half 13.1m Parkersburg, WV 1:35    Life, & 24 hrs of Lemons happens
    8/15 MilkTruck

Harvard Pilgrim Corp Challenge

5K Portland, ME

PR 

22:28 fail
    8/17 flatfooter

Marquette 50 Mile

Trail Run 

51 mi Marquette

8:00

1-5OA

8/18 MilkTruck

Westport Island Shore Run

10K Westport Island ME

48:40

49:07  
    8/23 NaderAlfie

Self-Transcendence

Marathon

26.2m Congers, NY <3:10   BQ attempt!
    8/24 kencamet Race for the Arts 5K Sacramento, CA <18:00    
    8/24 Roth Runner Herne Hill Harriers Club Champs 10,000m  Tooting, London UK  <34:00    

[When posting results, helping me out by leading your message off a "Result" keyword would be kind.]

Wow, I think this is shortest monthly racing list ever!  Aren't you people out there racing or something?  At least there are a few of you die hards that are holding it together and trying to keep it going.

kcam

Hey MT, add the following to Aug:

Aug 24 kencamet  Race for the Arts  5km       Sacramento, Ca <18:00

And another scratch for me.  No injuries or anything, just decided to focus on my longer race Fall season instead of driving 4 hours roundtrip for a so-s0 5K performance.  Yeah, I suck.

And another scratch for me.  No injuries or anything, just decided to focus on my longer race Fall season instead of driving 4 hours roundtrip for a so-s0 5K performance.  Yeah, I suck.

4-hr round trip for a 5k. If I wasn't serious about or tying it in with other activities, I'd do the same thing. Smart choice so that you can focus on the real work.

Feeling the growl again

Wow, I think this is shortest monthly racing list ever!  Aren't you people out there racing or something?  At least there are a few of you die hards that are holding it together and trying to keep it going.

Hell, I'm just trying to get healthy and life back in a balance that includes running every (or even most) days.

But no worries, I will likely get around to a Labor Day race and a PW for the course.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ran a VERY HILLY half marathon with Michelle aka mississippi this morning and managed to finish it in 2:02:19  . Not a fast time ,but I'm very happy with it considering I thought the course was less hilly and I wasn't even sure I could run 13.1 miles. I think I'm prouder of this race than most of my other races.  Now I've got a an idea of my fitness and I can start looking for a goal race and get a training plan set up for it.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Way to go, Pam!   You're on the way back Smile

steph  

34:31 for my 10,000m, so a PR at least.  Sub 34 was never on, I'm close to a 'stick a fork in it' stage of the season.

A 3,000m Sunday and then I'm on vacation and switching off for a couple of weeks.

Great run Pam!

Feeling the growl again

34:31 for my 10,000m, so a PR at least.  

OUTSTANDING!!!!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

kcam

Robin - 34:31.  Great time.  I looked at your PR history at 10K, coming from ~40min 10K to 34:31 - 5+ minute reduction is amazing.  Congrats man!

Pam - great to see you out racing again.  Nice work getting back.

Pam / RR, those are great races. Im always shocked at how much harder the hilly ones are. I mean, you get the downhill too. But the uphill seems to more that outweigh that. And, RR, cant complain about PRs.. That is a great effort.

And we run because we like it
                      Through the broad bright land

34:31 for my 10,000m, so a PR at least.

Dayum!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Ditto to the congrats to Pam and RR.  Very awesome efforts and results!

xhristopher

Unless I missed something, it looks like no goals were met in August. Damn, we've got high expectations for ourselves.

I'll take on one of these. You all know what to do and how to do it.  Updates posted on Thursday & Sunday.

8/3 xhristopher  Beach to Beacon 10K  Cape Elizabeth, ME  <38:00  38:04 Couldn't hit race mode switch. 186OA!
                            8/3 kencamet Mile on the Track 1 mi Saratoga, CA <5:24  5:35.3 Oddly wet track. Lead wire-to-wire.
                            8/3 WhoDatRunner Eagle Creek Trail HM 13.1m Indianapolis, IN <2:20 2:39 Tough course: wet, muddy. Fun.
                            8/4 Greg C High Street Mile 1 mi Newburyport, MA <5:30  5:31.8 Not as miserable as expected.
                            8/8 kencamet LGAC Meet 1500m Los Gator, CA <5:00   To heck with the short stuff
                            817 CliveF News & Sentinel Half 13.1m Parkersburg, WV 1:35   Life, & 24 hrs of Lemons happens
                            8/15 MilkTruck

Harvard Pilgrim Corp Challenge

5K Portland, ME

PR 

22:28 fail
                            8/17 flatfooter

Marquette 50 Mile

Trail Run 

51 mi Marquette

8:00

1-5OA

9:58 2nd OA 
                            8/18 MilkTruck

Westport Island Shore Run

10K Westport Island ME

48:40

49:07  
                            8/23 NaderAlfie

Self-Transcendence

Marathon

26.2m Congers, NY <3:10  ? BQ attempt!
                            8/24 kencamet Race for the Arts 5K Sacramento, CA <18:00    
                            8/24 Roth Runner Herne Hill Harriers Club Champs 10,000m  Tooting, London UK <34:00 34:31 PR!
                            8/25 rockenmamaof5 Hilly half 13.1 mi     2:02:19 So effing strong...

[When posting results, helping me out by leading your message off a "Result" keyword would be kind.]

Feeling the growl again

Unless I missed something, it looks like no goals were met in August. Damn, we've got high expectations for ourselves.

Still some good running done.  Way to set the bar, people.  You can't jump for it if you can bang your head into it.