3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Pro running discussion (Read 108 times)

Elite at NYC....

Do you do a lot of training on the treadmill?

Quite a bit. Almost all my running in Colorado was on a treadmill.

I saw this part too and thought to myself, you're in COLORADO. Surely there are decent running routes somewhere?! She does have some good points though regarding tempo intervals on the mill, especially if there is no one to run with.

Feeling the growl again

I saw this part too and thought to myself, you're in COLORADO. Surely there are decent running routes somewhere?! She does have some good points though regarding tempo intervals on the mill, especially if there is no one to run with.

I don't know, if you run on a trail somewhere you might run into shipo....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Maybe not a pro RUNNER... And maybe that long run wasn't very long.. but I'm sure those 3 hour tennis matches and multi-day tournaments help.

Caroline Wozniacki didn’t exactly follow a marathon runner’s handbook preparing for the New York City Marathon.

Three nights ago, she stayed out until 4 a.m. at a Halloween party. She attended a Rangers game Saturday night, skipping dinner. And Sunday morning, she ate two bagels before the race. Her biggest training session was a 13-mile run.

“Oh my God, what have I gotten myself into?” the 24-year-old Danish tennis star thought as she stood on the Verrazano Bridge, moments before starting the race. “I think I did everything you’re not supposed to do before the marathon.”

She performed like a seasoned long-distance runner on Sunday, finishing in a brisk 3:26:33, beating her desired goal of three-and-a-half hours. Good friend and fellow tennis star Serena Williams greeted her at the finish line with a big hug.

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

Bob Kennedy smacked her down at the finish out of simple pride.  Smile

Maybe not a pro RUNNER... And maybe that long run wasn't very long.. but I'm sure those 3 hour tennis matches and multi-day tournaments help.

Caroline Wozniacki didn’t exactly follow a marathon runner’s handbook preparing for the New York City Marathon.

Three nights ago, she stayed out until 4 a.m. at a Halloween party. She attended a Rangers game Saturday night, skipping dinner. And Sunday morning, she ate two bagels before the race. Her biggest training session was a 13-mile run.

“Oh my God, what have I gotten myself into?” the 24-year-old Danish tennis star thought as she stood on the Verrazano Bridge, moments before starting the race. “I think I did everything you’re not supposed to do before the marathon.”

She performed like a seasoned long-distance runner on Sunday, finishing in a brisk 3:26:33, beating her desired goal of three-and-a-half hours. Good friend and fellow tennis star Serena Williams greeted her at the finish line with a big hug.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Does anybody know if the West Regional on the internet somewhere? Korolev is a snake.

Does anybody know if the West Regional on the internet somewhere? Korolev is a snake.

Saw the unofficial results and was surprised he took down Ches.  IA ST women rocked their regionals. Was hoping for an at-large bid on the men's side after their 3rd place effort, but that didn't happen.  Their one individual qualifiers was a freshman.

Just a dude.

Wow. I ran that race in 1991. Back then it was called Region 8. Not sure if it is smaller or bigger now.

I ran for Fresno State. This year they were 25th. Not a very good result... :-(

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Any years of eligibility left?

I ran for Fresno State. This year they were 25th. Not a very good result... :-(

-Kelly

C-R

Saw highlights on Flotrak.

Man those kids are fast.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Just a dude.

Any years of eligibility left?

I don't know. I had 1 year left in 1992. Think they would want someone almost 45 years old?

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

I know its not pros, but I watched the NCAA D1 XC championships on Flotrack and Cheserek is unbelievable. He will be big time once he finishes his college - in tow years. The dude is two time XC champion, 3000 indoor and 10000 outdoor. Nothing left for him to win in college.

Oh and we watched the Fotsum kid run around Indy and he was something special.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

I was surprised that Eric Jenkins didn't get more recognition before the race. He has only really lost to Chez this season.

Kate Avery ran alright too...

I know its not pros, but I watched the NCAA D1 XC championships on Flotrack and Cheserek is unbelievable. He will be big time once he finishes his college - in tow years. The dude is two time XC champion, 3000 indoor and 10000 outdoor. Nothing left for him to win in college.

Oh and we watched the Fotsum kid run around Indy and he was something special.

C-R

Yeah. He would be king of Oregon if not for Ches. That finish was awesome.

I was surprised that Eric Jenkins didn't get more recognition before the race. He has only really lost to Chez this season.

Kate Avery ran alright too...

I have to redeem myself after that last post:

100 Seconds to Beat the World: The David Rudisha Story

C-R

Jeptoo's B sample tests positive per Flotrack.

Good grief. When there's money on the line, there's always someone willing to cheat.