3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Hello (updated newest results ) (Read 478 times)

hope everyone is doing well and KICKING ASS!!! I FINALLY had my MRI'S done last Wed. I had 4 in total done with and without contrast for the brain and c-spine. I'm on medication that is helping with the nerve pain I've been dealing with. I think it's also helping me get better sleep. I've started a new approach with what running I'm doing. I'm incorporating 2 strength workouts each week. Right now I'm doing 2 tempoish miles in each workout and hopefully it will help increase my muscle strength (endurance) so that maybe I can add a third mile in before too long. My goal each week is 20 miles running and 50 miles on the bike though this week I am a little over 18 miles for running and 42 miles for biking.  I should be getting the MRI results by Monday or Tuesday I believe. HOPEFULLY I'll get the news that I can continue with what I'm doing and also get closer to finding out what's going on.  Wish me luck! Anyway just thought I'd pop in with my "asskicking" update lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

Wish me luck!

Good luck!  I hope that the MRI results lead you on a quick path to recovery.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good luck!  I hope that the MRI results lead you on a quick path to recovery.

Yes, this!  

steph  

Slo

Good Luck !

DoppleBock

Fight on - Rock on!

Thanks for the update

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Thanks for checking in, and I'm glad you're able to keep yourself active while waiting for them to figure this out.  Positive vibes go a long way.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Good to hear from you!  Our thoughts are with you as you wait to hear next steps.  Hopefully you'll find some answers and get a better idea of what you can do going forward.    Good luck!

Oh, and if you haven't been checking out the monthly running threads...the Hurtlocker is kicking ass!

Thanks for checking in, and I'm glad you're able to keep yourself active while waiting for them to figure this out.  Positive vibes go a long way.

This.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

an amazing likeness

Hope things come out great for you, Pam. Please keep in mind that you're in this for the long haul, think 10 years, not 10 days or 5 weeks, when deciding what you and your medical team will work on.

In April of 2010, my knee doc told me to expect 1 - 2 years before the knee either gave out, or the muscle development overcame the 8mm displacement in it...I asked him "what happens in 5 years?".  His reply..."let's learn together, 'cause I don't know...most people give up." 

Lord knows you wont give up...but do try to adjust IF needed.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

FWIW, kicking ass is kick ass!!

C-R

All the best Rocken!

I've confidence you'll be kickin ass in no time.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

+1 to what everyone has already said. I hope you have some good news soon!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Hey Rocken.  So good to see you on here.  Another big +1 to all that has been said by the others.  xxx

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

+1 to what everyone has already said. I hope you have some good news soon!

+1 to this.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Hope things come out great for you, Pam. Please keep in mind that you're in this for the long haul, think 10 years, not 10 days or 5 weeks, when deciding what you and your medical team will work on.

In April of 2010, my knee doc told me to expect 1 - 2 years before the knee either gave out, or the muscle development overcame the 8mm displacement in it...I asked him "what happens in 5 years?".  His reply..."let's learn together, 'cause I don't know...most people give up." 

Lord knows you wont give up...but do try to adjust IF needed.

Thanks Milk! I've learned this years ago when I was in a skiing accident and my spinal cord was compressed by a disc. I was told about so many things I couldn't do ever again and at the time I wasn't running but if I was I'm pretty sure that would have been high on the list. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson