3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sick results from Dubai (Read 219 times)

Feeling the growl again

http://www.letsrun.com/2012/abshero-dubai-0127.php

OMG.  Look at the dude's finish splits.  He still had plenty of gas in the tank....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

Top ten women all better than 2:26. WTF was in the water? Usually 1 or 2 chicks beat 2:25. 9 of them broke it. 3 better than 2:20. Has that happened before? Dude.

I'm touching your pants.

This all seems like a bit much of a leap forward all at once. Dayum. I hate to say it but it raises my cynical hmmmm radar a bit. I hope it's all legit.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

This all seems like a bit much of a leap forward all at once. Dayum. I hate to say it but it raises my cynical hmmmm radar a bit. I hope it's all legit.

One cannot deny the cynical possibilittes, but also...

--It corresponds to the  flip to the marathon becoming more profitable than track, also leading to...

--People going straight to the marathon rather than only after they start petering out on the track; still pretty new.  Wanjiru; this guy in Dubai debuting after being aWold Junior champ.

-- Great things seem to happen when psychological barriers are broken.  Wanjiru's Beijing run, Geb's record, Boston this year, all likely made people believe that former assumed limitation did not hold.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

http://www.letsrun.com/2012/abshero-dubai-0127.php

Impressive!  I cannot fathom running that fast for that long.

Not at it at all. 

I read this yesterday on Runner's World (yes, I go to that sight but it's usually for the racing news) and thought the same thing.  The Ethiopians sure are pouring it on.  It'll be interesting in London this summer at that distance.

Feeling the growl again

I read this yesterday on Runner's World (yes, I go to that sight but it's usually for the racing news) and thought the same thing.  The Ethiopians sure are pouring it on.  It'll be interesting in London this summer at that distance.

It's just sick watching Athletics Kenya try to decide which of their plethora of sub-2:06 (sub-2:05??) guys will get to go.