2013 Goals (Read 465 times)

DoppleBock

I cannot remember if there was a thread started

But I have re-thought my 2013 goals.

1)  Run less miles than 2012

2)  Run the miles on average faster than 2012

3)  Run Sub 3 hour marathon

4)  Finish a 100 mile race

5)  Set at least 1 PR 5k, 5 mile or 10k.

6)  Golf 5 times

7)  Boat 15 times / Wakeboard 15 times

8)  Downhill ski 10 times

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

I have a lack of originality so I will borrow from the great DB

But I have actually penned my 2013 goals.

1)  Run less more miles than 2012

2)  Run the miles on average faster than 2012 - yes

3)  Run Sub 3 hour marathon - how 'bout I shoot for less than 3:10

4)  Finish a 100 50 mile race

5)  Set at least 1 PR 5k, 5 mile or 10k. - I like this

6)  Golf 5 times - ok

7)  Boat 15 times / Wakeboard 15 times I don't have a boat or know anyone with a boat so I'll have to say go to the shooting range at least 15 times

8)  Downhill ski 10 times  I live in Indiana. We have no hills. Consistently do non-running workouts for the year.

Comments welcome.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Don't think there ever was DB. Good thought!

My goals for 2013 which I'm sure will be modified several times since who knows what's in store for my future. Apparently my body may have different thoughts than what I have

1 Break 20 minutes in 5k for rowing

2 TRAIN for and RACE a 5k next fall

3 Get back to being the runner I was before spinal cord issue's

4 STAY OUT of the hospital and AWAY from the doctors office

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

After a wasted 2012, in 2013 I hope to

1)  Run less lot more miles than 2012

2)  Run the miles on average faster than 2012, with a bigger variation in paces and distances

3)  Run Sub 4 hour marathon

4)  Finish a 100 mile race

5)  Set at least 1 PR 5k, 5 mile or 10k Take atleast a minute off my 5k PR, 3 min off 10K PR

6)  Golf 5 times

7)  Boat 15 times / Wakeboard 15 timesLift weights twice a week

8)  Downhill ski 10 times  May take up some swimming

xhristopher

Sub 3. That is all.

Yeah, I'm simple minded. I'll trade a long list of other yearly running goals for that one.

With the caveat that I may change my mind ...

For Winter 2012-2013:

I'd like the next few months to be Clive's Winter of Physical Improvement.  That is, I'd like to (a) incorporate some plyometrics and other drills to improve   range of motion, power and whatnot; (b) get back into PT so strengthen my core/hips/lower back and legs again (which really seemed to help prevent injuries and minimize niggles; and (c) hit a whole month of post-workout stretching (which, again, really seems to help me with recovery and feeling normal the next day).  And holding relatively high mileage all the while.

For Spring/Summer 2013:

Focus on 10k training.  Run a couple 10-mile races (23FEB and 16MAR) and a 15k 19MAY; and otherwise pepper this season with 5k/10k races to see how low I can go.

For Summer/Fall 2013:

Assuming nothing bad has happened, (A) go after a sub-3 marathon at Philly/Richmond/RocketCity/???; (stretch goal, sure) and (B) run a HM <90min.

As for actual, hard goals: 1. Sub-19 5k 2. Sub-40 10k 3. Sub-3 marathon

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

After spending my first year-and-a-half as a runner focusing on marathons and my first ultra, switching things up:

1.  Sub-90 half marathon

2.  Sub-19 5K

3.  Make doubling a habit

4.  Cross train 2-3 times a week

5.  Climb at Red River Gorge

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

Prince of Fatness

I am still dealing with my back / hip / leg issues and am really not in a position to make up any goals.

That said, even though I turn 50 next year I have still not given up on racing entirely.  I just need to take it one day at a time.  What I can do that is in my power is drop some weight and be diligent with the core work.  I'll start there.

Not at it at all. 

How about the owner or admin of this little piece of RA adds the 2013 mileage tracker/pace bunny like they have at that "other" group for 2013?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

C-R

Hey. A goal I can reach.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

#artbydmcbride

Goals for 2013

1. Run more miles

2. Run faster

3. lose weight

4. PR at all distances

That's it...I don't want to get greedy!  Big grin

Runners run

DoppleBock

What mileage is the bunny going to track toward? 4,000? 5,000?

Well comeon - You gotta set your sights higher than the "Other" group - Maybe 2013 miles in 2013. 

How about the owner or admin of this little piece of RA adds the 2013 mileage tracker/pace bunny like they have at that "other" group for 2013?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I like Xhristopher's idea. I'm going to target the Half Marathon distance as my goal distance in 2013. As a bonus, all of my times at shorter distances will improve as well. I didn't make my 2012 HM goal and probably won't. I've got one more possible shot at it, but I'm not going to worry too much about it.

My 2013 HM goal will be to run 1:45 or better.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

If I get to set it I guarantee it will be a moving target. Heh.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Better not slack too much C-R. Slowly, but surely I'm gaining on you.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.