3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September Racing Thread (Read 776 times)

:You know the routine.  Fall is getting close....get ready to let the fast times roll!

NameDateDistanceRaceLocationGoalResult
    mbehr 9/1 5.2 mi Blackhawk Lakes Triathlon - run Highland, WI <30:00 32:45 
    Dopplebock 9/1-2 24hr Badgerland Striders 24hr Track Race Germantown, WI 625 laps 501 laps
    Spaniel 9/3 10k North Salem Old Fashioned Days 10k North Salem, IN  34:30, 1OA 36:35, 1 OA 
    WhoDatRunner 9/3 10k North Salem Old Fashioned Days 10k North Salem, IN  <54:00 58:58
    MilkTruck 9/3 1/2M Applecrest Half Marathon Hampton Falls, NH <1:45 (streaking!) 1:45:44
    rockenmamaof5 9/8 1/2M Bird in Hand Half Marathon Somewhere, PA <1:43  DNF
    Burnt Toast 9/8 5k Graniteman 5k Sauk Rapids, MN <22:27 (PR)  22:28 - so close!
    Obsessor 9/15 5k Devil Dog 5k   <20:30 19:21*
    NaderAlfie 9/15 10k Ramsey 10k Ramsey, NJ <40:00  39:40, PR!!*
    CliveF 9/15 10k Run For Green 10k Davidson, NC <42:00  41:38, 2 min PR!!*
    MilkTruck 9/16 10k Portland Trails to Ale 10k Portland, ME <45:59 (PR)  45:11, PR!!*
    Dopplebock 9/22 6 hr Goose Bumps 6hr Lacrosse, WI >36 miles  42 miles*
    WhoDatRunner 9/22 1/2M Hendricks County Half Marathon Danville, IN <2:00  2:02:43 (PR)
    CEIE 9/23 13.1 QC Half Marathon Moline, IL <1:50  1:55:12
    Burnt Toast 9/29 5k Fighting Saints ROTC 5k Collegeville, MN <22:27 (PR)  24:05, 21OA
    WhoDatRunner 9/29 10k Coach Hathaway's Running South 10k Indianapolis, IN <56:00 (PR)  54:43, 2min PR!!*
    Candice S. 9/30 Marathon Berlin Marathon Berlin <3:05  3:13:39
    MilkTruck 9/30 Marathon Maine Marathon Portland, ME <3:45  DNS
    rockenmamaof5 9/30 Marathon Wine Glass Marathon Corning, NY <3:30  DNS
    TonyP 9/30 1/2 IM Augusta Half Ironman Augusta, GA

<5:10

5:07*

September 8th  Bird in Hand Half marathon goal   < 1:43

September 30th  Wine Glass Marathon   Corning NY goal <3:30

If all stars are aligned I should be able to meet both goals however we all know that doesn't always happen and in my case will be even more unlikely but hey GO BIG OR GO HOME!  Those were my goals before all this crap started with me and I refuse to change them no matter how unlikely it is that I'll achieve the goals

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

spaniel - 9/3 - North Salem Old Fashioned Days 10K, North Salem, IN - 34:30, 1OA.

Both of those goal are probably a reach coming off this layoff.

C-R, WhoDat, BBQ at my place after if you run it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

spaniel - 9/3 - North Salem Old Fashioned Days 10K, North Salem, IN - 34:30, 1OA.

Both of those goal are probably a reach coming off this layoff.

C-R, WhoDat, BBQ at my place after if you run it.

Is that the one we ran last year that had the festival with it? Right now it's doable.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

September 30th

Berlin Marathon

~3:05

Feeling the growl again

Is that the one we ran last year that had the festival with it? Right now it's doable.

Yup.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

9/3 - North Salem Old Fashioned Days 10K, North Salem, IN : <54:00 (PR is 56:59)

9/22 - Hendricks County Half Marathon, Danville, IN : <2:00:00 (PR is 2:04:45)

I'm not real confident about those goals, but the race time predictor says I can based on my 1 mile time trial. We'll see.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

9/3 - North Salem Old Fashioned Days 10K, North Salem, IN : <54:00 (PR is 56:59)

9/22 - Hendricks County Half Marathon, Danville, IN : <2:00:00 (PR is 2:04:45)

I'm not real confident about those goals, but the race time predictor says I can based on my 1 mile time trial. We'll see.

I may be able to swing that half.  We will see.  I need to race my sorry ass into shape.

Slo

Mike,

I don't see you listed for the Clinton Half Marathon.

I'm no longer on the board. Just couldn't get on the same page as the RD. It'll be interesting to see if they get the course marked right. I have my doubts.

Rockenmama...I've had my sites set on the Wineglass for a few years. Looks like my kind of Marathon...I'd like to combine it with a trip up to Niagra Falls.

Sorry, No current race plans for September to relate.

Mike,

I don't see you listed for the Clinton Half Marathon.

I'm no longer on the board. Just couldn't get on the same page as the RD. It'll be interesting to see if they get the course marked right. I have my doubts. 

Given the way the summer has gone and the fact that my legs have not come around yet, I am not running/racing the half.  It's been a long, frustrating summer waiting and hoping the legs will improve.  They just aren't there yet.  My next tentative plan is to try and do the Ice Breakers half at the end of January should things turn around for me.

Sorry to hear about the issues with the RD and you parting ways.  I haven't made it back home too much but when I do, I'm going to expect some company for running Stockwell.

Slo

I've been running Stockwell in prep for the Monkey.

DoppleBock

DB  9/22  6 Hour  Goose Bumps 6 Hour   La Crosse, WI  Goal 36 miles

Goal not important - This is just a fun family outing supporting my friend Richard in his fund-raising and awareness for Lupus.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

OK - Fessing up to my 1st of 3 goal races in the next 12 weeks

DoppleBock 9/1-2 Badgerland Striders 24 hour track race - Germantown, WI  625 laps

2 things are causing me stress - Neither controllable:  Weather Mid 80s + 60+% humidity and between the 24hour-12hour day - 6 hour day races there are going to be a shit load of people on the track.

This will be a really hard race to get it right - It is hard enough to pace for your fitness level over 24 hours, but I also have to pace for my ability to manage heat and hydration for the 1st 14-16 hours.  The 2 - 24 hour races I did well at were High 40s to high 50s in temps - Races where you only have to worry about pacing for fitness.

TWEAK!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

mbehr - 9/1 - Blackhawk Triathlon (run only), Highland, WI - <30:00

Going camping in Southwest WI this weekend.  The DW is doing the almost olympic distance tri and the other family going with us wanted to do the relay.  I got picked to do the run and after looking at the course details, I couldn't resist.  It's a 5.2 mi cross country run with a few decent hills.  I'm going to get my ass kicked.  30 min puts me at a 5:47 pace.  Probably too aggressive for me at this point but I'm gonna give it a shot anyways.  This is my favorite kind of running!

Purdey

Self anointed title

625 laps

Which would be a PR right?  I make that 155 miles and change.