3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Well I may Not (Read 211 times)

have reached my goal for 3000+ miles but I did manage to get in 2353.4 for the year before I had to stop running which brought my totals of logged miles since 2006 to 16989.4 mi (started running in July of 2005 so probably another 600 on to that for life time total)  I'm thinking 3,000+ for 2014 will be a nice goal

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice and impressive work Pam.  I have no doubt your 2014 goal will be met.  That's a big mileage haul since starting running.  You are one impressive and inspiring person.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Village people

That is inpressive! How are you feeling?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nice and impressive work Pam.  I have no doubt your 2014 goal will be met.  That's a big mileage haul since starting running.  You are one impressive and inspiring person.

+1

And wishing you the best for the New Year, Pam

steph  

C-R

Good miles for all you've endured this year. Here's looking forward to 3k in 2013. That's what you really meant right. Wink

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

Good miles for all you've endured this year. Here's looking forward to 3k in 2013. That's what you really meant right. Wink

+1

Thank you Sarah xxx~

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

That is inpressive! How are you feeling?

Thanks!  I'm feeling lazy lol. Actually for the most part other than muscle spasm's I'm feeling pretty good thanks for asking!

Damn that would mean I'd have to quickly turn into DB since it's possible that my surgeon may not let me start running until June which would be 6 months after surgery. CRAP putting it that way I now wanna cry. Ok 3k + it is........... ON THE ROWER

Thanks Steph!

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Damn that would mean I'd have to quickly turn into DB since it's possible that my surgeon may not let me start running until June which would be 6 months after surgery. CRAP putting it that way I now wanna cry. Ok 3k + it is........... ON THE ROWER

Thanks Steph!

Wow. No running for 6 months? Here's to a year of healing and recovery!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Nice totals, and evidence that your current problems don't stand a chance against you.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

Thanks Steph!

Improvise, adapt, overcome. 3k on the rower sounds friggin hardcore to me and no one said running was the only thing in the world (even on a running board).

Go kick some ass rocken

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

I've taken 6 months off running many times for reasons not nearly so good.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum