3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

This might be enough to get me to run Disney (Read 40 times)

#artbydmcbride

Do they provide their own financing?  Entry fee, flight, hotel, transportation, foodstuffs  = second mortgage

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

So, yeah, the only way this makes sense to me is as a transparent way to just milk the suckers a little more.

Yes, after my first (and thankfully only) visit to Disney I told my wife that Disney had replaced cruises in my mind as the most efficient business machine at separating people from their hard-earned money.

Then she told me about Disney Cruises.  (!!!)  Angry

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

From the link on Spaniel's original post:

"The most magical miles on earth just got a little more… challenging, but only in the most exciting way of course! The2014 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented byCigna® will feature the brand new Dopey Challenge, a four race event complete with six, that’s right, SIX finisher medals to take home!"

So all they tell you on the very first page of this 'event' is that you get to take home six (6) finishers medals.  Yay!  cuz that's by far the most important part of the whole thing, certainly not the race distances.  I didn't care to look any further as it's not a serious event.  Fuck those guys, you'd be a fool to run this stupid thing.  Just don't do it.

C-R

Damn people. As a Disney stockholder I demand that they separate more money from people so I can get a return on my investment. It's capitalism at it rawest form.

Heh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

#artbydmcbride

Disney medals are huge too.  Your luggage may not make weight without extra fees by the airline with SIX of those bad boys!

Runners run