3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August '14 racing (Read 33 times)

Ken, I would be in the "Citizen" race at 8am.

My ego can hardly handle the thought of coming in last in the "Open" division. I did run the inaugural Rebel Race a few years back (different location) and the race was way late. Maybe that was just working the kinks out, but I don't have time to sit around.

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

C-R

Win for kid @ 18:44

fail for me @ 19:15

had a great time

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Just a dude.

Kelly - Which race?  Race for the Arts (5K, flat, fast, certified road course) or Ancil Hoffman (6K XC - fun)?

Ben:  In case you didn't know ... the Open race for Hoffman is at 10:30AM!!!  You can't get up to make that time? LOL!  Masters race is 9:45AM, so I'd be available to heckle and demoralize you as much as possible as you pass by.  FYI -  XC schedule here

Good luck to all the August racers.

I'd do the Arts one that Parklife is already running. That way I could meet Mr. Life in real life, though hopefully not in a creepy stalker kind of way... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

had a great time

The kiddo is on a stellar progression for sure!

Let it cool down a bit and don't spend 2+ weeks on the road and you'll have the sub-19.  If you need some incentive we can have a Blame Spaniel 5K next weekend and I'll rabbit/heckle you the whole way.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

had a great time

Congrats to the kid!

steph  

C-R

I think a BS 5k is a good call.

I'm racing another 5k this Thursday so let's see. Mile two bit me in the ass today. 6:01 through mile 1 - 6:22 through mile 2 - 6:53 through last 1.1

Yeah - Patrick is on a good performance arc. I kept him in sight the whole way and he looked smooth. He finished 9th OA. 1 AG.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

had a great time

Nice job C-R. Jr is on a roll. He'll be chasing Spaniel down in no time 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Didn't hit my goal time, but overall still pretty happy. 2:40:15. It's a tough course and I'm pretty sure it's long. My Garmin said 13.52 and it usually reads short on trails. Pacing was about right as I was on fumes the last mile. I still had enough of a kick left to pass a few stragglers going into the finish though. A couple of sprinkles, but no real rain. It's a fun race.

I'm running a trail HM Saturday. I'm treating it more as a training run than a race, but I'll shoot for 2:30. I ran it last year in 2:39 and haven't run an HM since then. My longest runs since that race have been a 12 miler last weekend and a 10 miler the previous weekend.

Name Date Race Location Distance Goal Result
                  WhoDatRunner  8/2 Eagle Creek Trail HM  Indianapolis, IN  13.1 miles 2:30:00   

It could be a bit muddy, so it should be fun.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

kcam

Congrats to CR Jr!  
                    Your close enough that you could get it any time now.  Just need a good course when you're feeling good.  Maybe don't go out so fast, I'd try a 6:07-6:10 pace - it'll feel way easier than that 6:01 mile 1 you ran.  Good luck Thursday.

I'm also going to run a 5,000 this Thursday.  It's a penance race for one I 'ran' last week.  Was trying for sub 19 as well but on the 9th lap I just gave up and decided to quit after 10.  I've never stepped off on a race before and I immediately regretted it.  I was right on target but I just gave up, so this Thursday it's gonna be an all comers where I'll again target sub 19.  Just can't leave the 5,000 season like that .... a DNF because I gave up.  F that.

Feeling the growl again

That was my first thought...

Nice job C-R. Jr is on a roll. He'll be chasing Spaniel down in no time 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Nice running WhoDat & Cr's x 2.

3:27:00 & 1OA for me in my first trail marathon.  A very small field (100-150 I think) and a low key race so myself and my club mate were off the front straight from the get go.  We did have quite a few wrong turns in the first 6 miles which meant the field kept catching us up but once we got a good section without getting lost we built up a 5-10 minutes lead to the the turnaround.  Had another little hiccup at about 12.5 (poor concentration) but after that we started to push on.  A couple of ups on the way back were hands on knees walking but we kept it very steady though I could sense Jon was working harder than me.  At 20 I knew I had plenty left in the tank so I dropped down into the 6:20's & 6:30's for 4 miles to pull away but at 24 I realised I had overcooked it and had to back right off for the last 2 miles.  I ended up winning by about 25 minutes as Jon took a wrong turn and ran 28.75 miles overall!  I think I probably actually ran about 26.7 but I switched the garmin off by mistake a couple of times when we got lost so I can't be sure!  A fun day all round as we had a few beers after to cool down.

Feeling the growl again

3:27:00 & 1OA for me in my first trail marathon.  A very small field (100-150 I think) and a low key race so myself and my club mate were off the front straight from the get go.  We did have quite a few wrong turns in the first 6 miles which meant the field kept catching us up but once we got a good section without getting lost we built up a 5-10 minutes lead to the the turnaround.  Had another little hiccup at about 12.5 (poor concentration) but after that we started to push on.  A couple of ups on the way back were hands on knees walking but we kept it very steady though I could sense Jon was working harder than me.  At 20 I knew I had plenty left in the tank so I dropped down into the 6:20's & 6:30's for 4 miles to pull away but at 24 I realised I had overcooked it and had to back right off for the last 2 miles.  I ended up winning by about 25 minutes as Jon took a wrong turn and ran 28.75 miles overall!  I think I probably actually ran about 26.7 but I switched the garmin off by mistake a couple of times when we got lost so I can't be sure!  A fun day all round as we had a few beers after to cool down.

Nice work, congrats on the win.  Oy, I feel bad for your mate, adding distance on so close to the end.

Nice work, congrats on the win.  Oy, I feel bad for your mate, adding distance on so close to the end.

It the second time he's done the event and he's run 28-29 miles both years!  He's vowed to come back until he actually runs the right distance! - no chance 

kcam

Good run Robin.  That kind of race'll add some toughness to your road races down the line.

August is off to a great start..

And we run because we like it
                                Through the broad bright land