3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1573 times)

old woman w/hobby

W3-C2--D1 max-17

Push-ups--ugh.

steph  

"Just stop fucking drinking too much and being fat.  Pretty simple.  Who the hell cares if you like beer.  

We can't always do the things we like all the time."  --Candice

TeaOlive, looks like you are hitting a wall with the pushups, maybe forget this challenge for a couple of weeks/month and do other weight training.  If you are a member of a gym do some low weight, high reps classes (like Body pump at YMCA) which can definitely help you get strong overall. I think those of us who were successful at this challenge have been doing some strength training for quite a while and hence have a stronger core and supporting muscle structure to push through.  

I am very weak with crunches and other ab exercises, and need to do something about that, and know no single 6 week program will make me better at crunches. Have to do all this other stuff as well to support that specific area. 

Will Crew for Beer

MTA:  I hope your trees are alive.  I never heard back from you on my offer.

I forgot about it until it was too late. I soaked the two in the front the evening before I left. Looks like they may be ok as I think I see leaf buds on them.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive, looks like you are hitting a wall with the pushups, maybe forget this challenge for a couple of weeks/month and do other weight training.  If you are a member of a gym do some low weight, high reps classes (like Body pump at YMCA) which can definitely help you get strong overall. I think those of us who were successful at this challenge have been doing some strength training for quite a while and hence have a stronger core and supporting muscle structure to push through.  

I am very weak with crunches and other ab exercises, and need to do something about that, and know no single 6 week program will make me better at crunches. Have to do all this other stuff as well to support that specific area. 

Happyfeet--  I did pretty much take the last couple weeks off and am now, basically, starting over.

Will see how it goes from here.

steph  

"Just stop fucking drinking too much and being fat.  Pretty simple.  Who the hell cares if you like beer.  

old woman w/hobby

W3-C2-D2 -- max-23

steph  

Will Crew for Beer

W4-D3-C1 Final Set=19

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

old woman w/hobby

W3-C2-D3  max-24  

steph  

Feeling the growl again

It's amazing how fast you lose it.  Since finishing the Challenge I have been doing a bench routine, but I tried to do W6 C3 D1 last night and could not even though I was rested.  Huh.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

old woman w/hobby

It's amazing how fast you lose it.  Since finishing the Challenge I have been doing a bench routine, but I tried to do W6 C3 D1 last night and could not even though I was rested.  Huh.

That's depressing.  

steph  

Will Crew for Beer

W4-D3-C1 Final Set=25

Week 4 complete.

C-R

Blame the beer mile.

You people shamed me into getting back on the wagon. I did a hybrid workout 2x26, 2x30, 2x26, 2x24 and max @ 62. Ouch.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

W4-D3-C1 Final Set=25

Week 4 complete.

That a way.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

C-R

W3-C2-D3  max-24  

Still improving. Keep up the fight.

old woman w/hobby

W4-C2-D1 Max-25

steph