3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Stupid bunny (Read 241 times)

Feeling the growl again

The dumb things we do for an electronic rabbit.

Last night my run bombed, I could barely crawl home to finish 10, out of nowhere I was shaking with fatigue and totally spent.

Must be a virus, I woke this morning and called into work as my limbs and eyelids felt like lead.  I got the kids off then passed out for another 4 hours.

Somehow, the guilt overcame the fatigue and I staggered out the door just before dark to get in as many miles as I could.  I managed to finish 10 and stay even with the bunny, and the sick thing is I actually felt better after doing this.

If I were normal I would have taken another nap.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

There's normal, and then there's Hurtlocker-normal.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Last night my run bombed, I could barely crawl home to finish 10, out of nowhere I was shaking with fatigue and totally spent.

Must be a virus, I woke this morning and called into work as my limbs and eyelids felt like lead.  I got the kids off then passed out for another 4 hours.

Somehow, the guilt overcame the fatigue and I staggered out the door just before dark to get in as many miles as I could.  I managed to finish 10 and stay even with the bunny, and the sick thing is I actually felt better after doing this.

Hey Trent, here's your fucking HURTLOCKER thread!!!!!!!!!

way to kill it Spaniel, I'm not worthy

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Rock and fucking roll. Fuck yea! Now go pound a dozen donuts. And four beers!
          DoppleBock

I quit logging my runs - Now I have no guilt

Actually I am logging them back in excel for now - I feel no pressure as I do not see a weekly, monthly or YTD.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Rock and fucking roll. Fuck yea! Now go pound a dozen donuts. And four beers!

Don't give me any ideas or you may become a victim of them....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Actually I am logging them back in excel for now - I feel no pressure as I do not see a weekly, monthly or YTD.

If I were at a different point that would make sense.  But I still have unresolved aggressions towards the marathon and 50M distances.  I need to put in the necessary work or I would be as well off to kick back, gain a few lbs, and enjoy more of my beer stash.

I have been watching the changes you are making and I am hopeful that they will be a refreshing change for you.  For driven personalities it is too easy to get stuck in the trap of putting your head down and grinding and grinding.  Been there done that.

Prince of Fatness

You can configure your log to not show you those period to date totals on the summary page.  Do that and you would be forced to click a few times to find out that information.  The pace bunny stuff is easy too, just don't click on it.  I still log my runs here because it is easiest for me, just plug my Garmin in and upload them.  Plus I track my core work and weight here so it is nice to have everything in one place.

3650 miles in a year is not realistic for me anyway.  The most I have ever done is a little under 2500 I think.  Even if I was completely healthy I just don't have don't want to make the time.  At my paces you are talking an hour an a half a day and that is without taking any days off.  While I suppose that I could find that time it would come at the expense of other things, including core work (still have not missed a core workout since before Thanksgiving).  Anyway, I am rambling.

Focus now is not on mileage, I just want to get up to where I am devoting an hour a day to running on average.  That would fit well into my time budget.  Haven't looked lately but I would guess that I am averaging about 4 - 5 hours a week right now.

Not at it at all. 

DoppleBock

I am still training - Hopefuly building up to something nice and long this fall - But I when I do not see the graphical or summary output, I feel like I can just make smart training decisions instead of cumplusive.  Who knows it might only last a week.

Although my goal is to stay in that 90-120 range for "Training"

If I were at a different point that would make sense.  But I still have unresolved aggressions towards the marathon and 50M distances.  I need to put in the necessary work or I would be as well off to kick back, gain a few lbs, and enjoy more of my beer stash.

I have been watching the changes you are making and I am hopeful that they will be a refreshing change for you.  For driven personalities it is too easy to get stuck in the trap of putting your head down and grinding and grinding.  Been there done that.

DoppleBock

Paper is "Old School"

I am sure I will end up 4000-4500

FUCK the pace bunny! It couldn't handle me.....

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Slo

This made me smile.

Paper is "Old School"

I am sure I will end up 4000-4500

Although my goal is to stay in that 90-120 range for "Training"

Damn, more HURTLOCKER shit going on in this thread. Trents going to be giddy all day week long

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

C-R

Now that's bringing it. Damn!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Heh

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/