3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

Ostrich runner

Draft: Two Hearted Ale

Kalamazoo Brewing Company

That one is Bell's too I believe.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

DoppleBock

Likely right - I had taken it off the bar's website and I think they got it wrong 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Yup.

200 beers for the month....hmmm...I am scared to track but I am probably tacking 80-90 drinks (not all beer).  Need to cut back to get the weight down.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Done. Success. Finished with 341.1. When it dawned on me that 1 extra mile gave me an 11 mile per day average, I had to do it, because I am that much of a geek. This has been an interesting experiment. I sort of went beyond sore and tired to a weird new level where I could actually run sort of okay again. A few of the better runs came fairly late in the month. Wouldn't have guessed that. You'd better believe I'm taking tomorrow off, though. Damn.

MTA: Week 4** - 115.1

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep, one of their very best.

Feeling the growl again

Done. Success. Finished with 341.1. 

Wow, stellar!

That is how you get used to new mileage levels...sore as hell, then after awhile things turn around and you start hitting runs again.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Kalamazoo Brewing Company = Bell's

So, uh, how do you feel? Clown

I feel like I just stepped off the short bus. Some of you log some serious miles. I'd like to try for another 200+ mile month in August.

Famous last words.....

Cool Jump Suit

Throwdown complete!  220.2 and done. 

So bittersweet,
                    This tragedy
                    Won't ask for absolution;
                    This melody,
                    Inside of me,
                    Still searches for solution.
                    A twist of faith,
                    A change of heart
                    Cures my infatuation.
                    A broken heart, 
                    Provides the spark
                    For my determination.

Finished the month at 200.4 miles.  I knew that 250 was a bit too ambitious, given my low mileage over the past 9 months.  Had a couple of issues with my quads midway through the month and had to scale back, yet this is over 110% of my previous  high so the B goal achieved.  Now for some race specific Hill workouts for the relay in Sep.

MTA - 52.9 miles week 4,  including Mon and Tue.

DoppleBock

Ran 10 at lunch and 40 tonight for 50 total after a big fat 0 yesterday, so 50 more.

I think that adds up to 520 ~ I took 4 days off in the last 9 days

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Alright. Now that's some good work people. I had an epic fail but did manage a decent month for a change. I'll post the final tallies and we can all grab a virtual beer to toast our success.

So what's the next stunt?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

This was a big fail for me. I gave up pretty early. It has given me some motivation though. I started out this year with a pretty decent Jan and Feb. I need to work on getting back to where I was at the beginning of the year and be able to hit 150 mile months regularly. The injury and the heat have done a number on me, but I feel like I'm making progress again and think August should be a better month.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Alright. Now that's some good work people. I had an epic fail but did manage a decent month for a change. I'll post the final tallies and we can all grab a virtual beer to toast our success.

So what's the next stunt?

Well, August has the weight loss challenge.

If you're really up for "thank you sir may I have another" I have a good follow on for you.  Once my downtime is over (one week to go, can't come soon enough), I have been thinking that part of the root of my problem is tightness.  I just don't run fast enough and use my full range of motion, and what little fast twitch I have is atrophied completely.  I think this is even holding me back in long races as I just don't have much top end over my current 5K/10K pace.  So I am planning on flipping the normal order of things on its head, and doing several weeks with a big focus on speed....even though my next goal race is a 50-miler.

So...if you really want to hurt yourself...let's pick a day and say everyone who is in go time trail 1 mile.  Then we will pick an end date and see what the improvement is. 

Thoughts?

I really like the mile TT idea.  I was going to do a 2-3 mile Tempo on Thursday anyway,  

I'd like to start off with a 6:30 target by the end of the month based my recent track workouts.  Yesterday was hitting 1:43-1:45 for 400 M, did a 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, min run with equal time standing rest as prescribed by our group coach, ran 6 X 400 in 92-93 sec in the recent past.