3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Pro running discussion (Read 108 times)

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

C-R

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

That was close.

Rowbury has all the details.

Crazy!

Glad a DQ didn't result from that.  I think they both could have handled their line better so it was a wash on fault for the contact...didn't appear to affect the result.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

wow.. maybe the worst article on running I have ever seen.

"The distance was approximately 25.85 miles, or roughly 40 kilometers. Legend has it that the runner arrived, announced the message — “Niki!” (Victory!) — and collapsed dead on the spot.

In any case, the distance of the race was not officially changed until the year 1908, in London. The reason? The race was lengthened by 2.2 miles so that the finish line could be placed directly in front of the royal family’s viewing box."

Feeling the growl again

wow.. maybe the worst article on running I have ever seen.

"The distance was approximately 25.85 miles, or roughly 40 kilometers. Legend has it that the runner arrived, announced the message — “Niki!” (Victory!) — and collapsed dead on the spot.

In any case, the distance of the race was not officially changed until the year 1908, in London. The reason? The race was lengthened by 2.2 miles so that the finish line could be placed directly in front of the royal family’s viewing box."

25.85 + 2.2 = 26.2?  Sounds like that new Common Core math my daughter brings home.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

25.85 + 2.2 = 26.2?  Sounds like that new Common Core math my daughter brings home.

Thanks for reminding me of that BS. I recall when my daughter was struggling with a single variable equation solution and she showed me the "process" they were teaching. Made my friggin eyes spin. I showed her how to properly solve it and her comment was "Why don't they just teach it that way? Its so much simpler and makes sense." Cripes.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

8:04 AR for Jager in the steeple.  Second time for they guy, after how long that record stood....8:06 now 2+sec more....wow...

Pretty amazing. If he would cut that hair off he could go sub 8.

Mile is better than the Marathon.

Some of the comments are priceless.. "Sorry, but unless you are an elite runner, you have to be a completely idiot to run marathons. Pounding the pavement for 26 miles, and the damage it does to your knees, feet and ankles, more than offsets any so-called health benefit. Look at the out-to-pasture marathoners who need all sorts of surgery." Thank you Eric!

Feeling the growl again

Mile is better than the Marathon.

Some of the comments are priceless.. "Sorry, but unless you are an elite runner, you have to be a completely idiot to run marathons. Pounding the pavement for 26 miles, and the damage it does to your knees, feet and ankles, more than offsets any so-called health benefit. Look at the out-to-pasture marathoners who need all sorts of surgery." Thank you Eric!

I always find the comments section on articles...of any type, anywhere...to be perfect for when you need to realize just how far above much of society you are.

8:04 AR for Jager in the steeple.  Second time for they guy, after how long that record stood....8:06 now 2+sec more....wow...

Saw the condensed replay on Flotrack.  It was a very impressive run.

I always find the comments section on articles...of any type, anywhere...to be perfect for when you need to realize just how far above much of society you are.

I've been trying for a while now to break myself of the habit of even looking at the comments section when I read an article online, but I still do it. Guess I am a completely idiot.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

kcam

Speaking of the 5th Ave Mile .... My wife and I will be in Manhattan this weekend visiting my daughter.  I immediately tried to register for the race when I found out we'd be there but it was sold out!  I sent an email to the RD with a sob story but I'm sure he gets a zillion of those every year.  I guess I'll have to be content with watching the action from the sidelines (unless one of you boobs has an 'in' with the NYRR?!).  But I am excited as hell to watch the races.  Whoohoo!

That will be cool.

I went searching for the start list. And noticed that the press release includes twitter handles of the athletes.

Speaking of the 5th Ave Mile .... My wife and I will be in Manhattan this weekend visiting my daughter.  I immediately tried to register for the race when I found out we'd be there but it was sold out!  I sent an email to the RD with a sob story but I'm sure he gets a zillion of those every year.  I guess I'll have to be content with watching the action from the sidelines (unless one of you boobs has an 'in' with the NYRR?!).  But I am excited as hell to watch the races.  Whoohoo!